What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract discussions beginning early with Buderus.

Risa

Bench
Great move by the club to begin talking to him at the end of this season. Question is, how many years should we offer him a contract for? I think a 4 year + contract with an option to re-negotiate money when Joey retires & he becomes captain.

General Knight

Juniors
I'd go for the 4 year contract. Too risky for anything shorter than that period. I mean if some cashed up club or new club came up to him and offered him like a sh*t load of money, it would be pretty tempting. I'm not saying that hes disloyal to the club or anything but when the time comes where he really needs the money then theres just that slight possibility.

Kazaf

Juniors
As long as possible!!
He is a great player, especially as a captain for the Blues and Newcastle at the moment. A great captain in the future to come.

antonius

Coach
I don't think the negotiations with Danny will be anywhere near as traumatic as they were with Johns. I really don't see him wanting to go anywhere else. My feeling is 3 years with a fourth option, I would like to see an upgrade in there somewhere when Johns goes, you can bet Danny isn't going to get what he is worth, or could get elsewhere the money simply wont be there, I'd say hes looking at around $325,000, he's worth more than that if Johns is worth $450,000 + his $50,000 sweetner from the stand advertising. So yes an upgrade should be in it somehow.

~bedsy~

First Grade
antonius said:
I don't think the negotiations with Danny will be anywhere near as traumatic as they were with Johns. I really don't see him wanting to go anywhere else. My feeling is 3 years with a fourth option, I would like to see an upgrade in there somewhere when Johns goes, you can bet Danny isn't going to get what he is worth, or could get elsewhere the money simply wont be there, I'd say hes looking at around $325,000, he's worth more than that if Johns is worth $450,000 + his $50,000 sweetner from the stand advertising. So yes an upgrade should be in it somehow.
That would still be more than what his getting now. I don't see him wanting leave this club, his mates are here and his family is closer to Newcastle.
I agree with antonius 3 yrs and a 4th option, I think that would apeal to him more and the chance to captain the side when Joey goes.

I knew the Knights would start to negoitate early, they would be stupid not to.

knights_maniac

Juniors
he is the future Knights captain, the NSW captain and im very sure he will captain the Kangaroos. He is a foundation of our side, an inspired leader, and for the club to expect that to continue they better offer Bedsy what he deserves....by out and far he is the most respected player in my opinion in our current clubs era.....

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
He'd be capable of getting 400K at other clubs. We will need to cut a few players next year to keep buderus, but I don't have a problem with that. He's to valuable.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Bring it home Knights said:
He'd be capable of getting 400K at other clubs. We will need to cut a few players next year to keep buderus, but I don't have a problem with that. He's to valuable.
That's very true, however I'm sure he won't take the club for all they have and see all his mates have to go because of it.

Nuffy

Bench
If I was the bloke I'd think long and hard before I re-signed.

And if he does leave, I wouldn't blame him in the slightest.

General Knight

Juniors
Danny please dont go!!!!!!! The knights better friggin play better next year if they want him to stay! Danny put in any decent team could have a shot at winning the premeirship unfortunately for him hes in a team with players that cant even manage to just hold on to a football. Ah Danny, its not long before we see him in a Roosters jersey, or maybe a Bulldogs one. :cry:

Alex28

Coach
my only thought is that i dont think he is a good enough leader. it is all very wekk to lead with your actions and not with your words, but clearly right now thats not good enough. he is a great hooker - best in the world at the moment no doubt, but i really dont see him as being a strong leader.

he is a must in regards to retention. perhaps the Knights have (finally) learnt something in regards to signing players after the last few years of bleeding...

Ben

Bench
bedsy is not a leader in my eyes, he plays ten times better without that added pressure on his shoulders...on the other hand, johns seems to excel with that pressure on his back

~bedsy~

First Grade
CCGenerals said:
Danny please dont go!!!!!!! The knights better friggin play better next year if they want him to stay! Danny put in any decent team could have a shot at winning the premeirship unfortunately for him hes in a team with players that cant even manage to just hold on to a football. Ah Danny, its not long before we see him in a Roosters jersey, or maybe a Bulldogs one. :cry:
I don't think he is that shallow. Hindmarsh has stuck by his team, I'm hoping that Danny will too.