What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cook for an origin bench spot

Travitoh

First Grade
Here's a possible outsider for the NSW 14 jersey...
Clint Gutherson.
Can play anywhere from 1-7 and I'd back him to fill in at 9 if required to.
He's a star but would need to show form after his injury late last season.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Here's a possible outsider for the NSW 14 jersey...
Clint Gutherson.
Can play anywhere from 1-7 and I'd back him to fill in at 9 if required to.
He's a star but would need to show form after his injury late last season.

One of the only Eels players that should be in contention. In fact I’d also be throwing him in contention for a wing spot. His versatility is unbelievable. I can’t believe Manly ever let him go in the first place.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Foxsports is reporting that Frizell, Maloney, RCG and Cordner are all certainties.

Hooking role is between Cook, Mcinnes and Koroisau with all of them being in front at one point for selection. I genuinely cannot believe all 3 of these hookers were at Souths :joy:. It’s likely that there will only be 1 of them that makes the cut as they want the utility to be someone that can fill in for the halves. I’m guessing they’re leaning towards Keary or Bird.

Travitoh

First Grade
Foxsports is reporting that Frizell, Maloney, RCG and Cordner are all certainties.

Hooking role is between Cook, Mcinnes and Koroisau with all of them being in front at one point for selection. I genuinely cannot believe all 3 of these hookers were at Souths :joy:. It’s likely that there will only be 1 of them that makes the cut as they want the utility to be someone that can fill in for the halves. I’m guessing they’re leaning towards Keary or Bird.

Or Koroisau. Has not only played in the halves but has also performed

ouryears

Bench
Guessing youre a NSWmen. Ever wonder why we’ve won 10 outta 11? Legends are legends. I’d pick him in a heartbeat.

Yep I understand, if he was playing at 70% I would too....but he is struggling big time due to his shoulder and age, probably rate him about 30% currently which is too low to be selected.

Teams pick players who are legends when they still might be playing at 70%, but 30%...go for it.

It has not helped cowboys so why would it help QLD?

Even legends are told to stop!

Wally Lewis
Lockyer
Mal
Laurie Daley
Fittler

They were all legends who were tapped on the shoulder.

JT has reached that now.
Same as Gallen has.

southsport

First Grade
For 11 years Southy? Come on mate. Your team has been shit for a decade. Luck and refs might influence a series, maybe 2, but not 10 outta 11.
Lol, sorry Curnsy, I couldn't help it knowing how serious you take these things.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The thing about Thurston is that just his presence is intimidating for NSW. Definitely doesn’t deserve to be picked based on form. Hunt and DCE have him covered on that but the Maroons are all about their “loyalty” policy.

Curns13

Juniors
Yep I understand, if he was playing at 70% I would too....but he is struggling big time due to his shoulder and age, probably rate him about 30% currently which is too low to be selected.

Teams pick players who are legends when they still might be playing at 70%, but 30%...go for it.

It has not helped cowboys so why would it help QLD?

Even legends are told to stop!

Wally Lewis
Lockyer
Mal
Laurie Daley
Fittler

They were all legends who were tapped on the shoulder.

JT has reached that now.
Same as Gallen has.
Qld did not tap any of those guys of the shoulder. Kevvie came out and said out GI will be there a month ago. He had no idea where he’d be at with his footy. Please don’t mention the most losing player in Origin history, who was dropped multiple times because he was a liability to his team and who is the least sporting captain in Origin history in the same breathe as JT.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Fittler is an idiot so I am not even that fussed re origin!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Know lots of Qlders in Sydney, R20? Or just talking out your arse?
I know a few and some of my family and relatives have ran into rednecks up there in a couple of instances....

Lol I was partly stirring the pot!

My Father had a redneck crash into him up there plus he's ran into them at Suncorp!

Latest posts