What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cook Islands

Perth Red

Post Whore
just back from an amazing holiday in Rarotonga. Pleased to say lots of evidence of rugby league presence on the island. Interestingly they use the same names and logos as some of the NRL teams, wonder if they have a tie in?

Force

Juniors
just back from an amazing holiday in Rarotonga. Pleased to say lots of evidence of rugby league presence on the island. Interestingly they use the same names and logos as some of the NRL teams, wonder if they have a tie in?
League has equal footing as Union over there. It helps when they run the League and Union seasons one after the other so they're not competing.

langpark

First Grade
usually it's just a case of NRL clubs donating their old kits, nothing more than that.

roughyedspud

Coach
Like how we've got a png team and soon to be fiji team in the aussie state cups..could a cook island team (cook islands 'A') enter the kiwi domestic league??..

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Like how we've got a png team and soon to be fiji team in the aussie state cups..could a cook island team (cook islands 'A') enter the kiwi domestic league??..

Too expensive to fly there...cost me ant the wife $1,200 for return flights and that was cheap.

I would of guessed early on the NRL must of donated kit, but the clubs now have there own brand and you can buy club kit in shops and at the markets. And trust me the kit is bloody good quality.

The reason they do well is the roll straight from rugby season to league during the year. My understanding from when I was there was it was basically the same players and clubs that play both. they have a premier comp, reserves, and juniors. One of the teams is from the outer islands too.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
13346630_591545871025694_5839082849641442516_n.jpg

Avatui Eels 2016

11401512_943546165665691_7296217816422928126_n.jpg

Titikaveka Bulldogs 2015

10629857_701088423319363_3194781499341740417_n.jpg

Last edited:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Clubs have their own jerseys some are good designs too. Usually change each season.

Clubs also carry merchandise, polos and singlets etc.

There are 7 clubs each with their own home ground, finals are played at the national stadium.

Teams are:

Avatui Eels

Titkaveka Bulldogs

Takuvaine Warriors

Aitutaki Sharks from another island

Tupapa Panthers

Arorangi Bears

Ngatangiia Sea Eagles

Strongest club and reigning premiers are Avatui Eels