What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk to play on - Jake Friend to be moved on!

ouryear

Juniors
Only brains .
Dufty should first enter first grade as a winger, same as many great fullbacks have.

He would be an upgrade on Nene

And yes, we need a great fullback for 2018, not a rookie.

Dufty may well become a great
number 1 in time.

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Dufty should first enter first grade as a winger, same as many great fullbacks have.

He would be an upgrade on Mine.

number 1 in time.[/ Safety first yes Mary will love it but I'm sure I dont

ouryear

Juniors
Safety first Mary will love it but he's one of the few.

I guess it's up to dufty to show what he can do.

Attack wise I have no doubts, he will do the job.

But at 3 games, behind the goal line, I saw him stepping aside, not wanting to tackle front on, being easily brushed aside, and other times not even challenging the runner.

A fullback has to tackle you know.

Drag Queen

Bench
Not sure that 'competent' is the right word. He is competent in that he has all the basic skills required of a first grade fullback and he's shown he can utilise them. He has a number of good assets, and from memory he hasn't made any decisions or errors that have lead directly to points against us. To say he's not competent is untrue and indicative of a deeper issue you have with his selection.

Of course, there's the issue on upside and the argument as to how far that goes. IMO, he won't play rep footy but he'll be a serviceable fullback and could form part of a strong attacking unit given the right guidance and coaching (which we don't have). At the moment, he's in our Top 2 best options and his potential for improvement puts him in front.

But yeah - the fact that you've raved about how much he sucks without putting together a coherent and logical reason as to why shows Vasilevsky level of obsession. As per my previous post.
Right.. If you're happy with his performance we're certainly f**ked. He can't kick return, hopeless under the high ball, terrible in defence and mostly out of position. Competent should probably be another word for sub-par. I've witnessed the hatred for Widdop, Rein, Marshall, Mann etc on this forum well before I joined it. I wish I could be more transparent on my opinions of Dufty but there are too many people blowing smoke up his arse. He won't be our FB for long.

Drag Queen

Bench
Drag
Don't tell me what to post or not.
I don't tell you . What to post
If you disagree that ok.
I never said he's slater.
I don't compare players to champion's.
I'm not blowing smoke up his arse.
I don't need to.
I do disagree but I guess that's OK. My husband disagrees with me all the time but I'm always right :)

Drag Queen

Bench

He would be an upgrade on Nene

number 1 in time.
He'd get smacked sideways as a winger mate. Might as well put a target on his back. Nene has the potential to be great. He needs to become motivated because he has the size, the speed, but I feel he isn't showing discipline. This kid (and he is a kid) has all the attributes of Semi Radadra. Something isn't gelling and he needs to get his shit together. I have hope.

Como Connection

First Grade
Easy fix I say.
I know I'm being repetitive, however Kurt Mann for fullback.
They first purchased him to play that spot, however super coach showed no faith in him at all.
I might start "The Kurt Mann Fan Club".
What a good idea.
Who's in?
CC

Drag Queen

Bench
Easy fix I say.
They first purchased him to play that spot, however super coach showed no faith in him at all.
What a good idea.
Who's in?
CC[/QUOT I'm bloody 100% behind Mann as our FB. We've all seen the alternative and yet most will disagree with me. Couldn't care less.

ouryear

Juniors
He'd get smacked sideways as a winger mate. Might as well put a target on his back. Nene has the potential to be great. He needs to become motivated because he has the size, the speed, but I feel he isn't showing discipline. This kid (and he is a kid) has all the attributes of Semi Radadra. Something isn't gelling and he needs to get his shit together. I have hope.
I am pretty sure he will get more smashed as a fullback running the ball back.....And we cannot have a number 1 who constantly passes the ball so others can run it back

Dufty is 80kgs, Josh ado Carr 86 kgs,
Lachy coote 85kg...slater was a skinny kid as a winger when he started.

Regardless, if he stays fullback he has to run the ball back 70% of the time... instead of passing it off for others to run, and bloody tackle.

If he can't do that, he ain't ready for first grade, I have faith he will eventually make it....but he needs to man up as well.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Easy fix I say.
What a good idea.
Who's in?
CC

CC
I see you point and to me mann must be in the starting line up.
He is to skilled and should be there.
But I know that Mary see as a utility and he will begin the season on the bench.
I hope I'm wrong .
But Mary being mary I don't think he will change.

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
I am pretty sure he will get more smashed as a fullback running the ball back.....And we cannot have a number 1 who constantly passes the ball so others can run it back

Regardless, if he stays fullback he has to run the ball back 70% of the time... instead of passing it off for others to run, and bloody tackle.

If he can't do that, he ain't ready for first grade, I have faith he will eventually make it....but he needs to man up as well.
He won't make it. He's no Slater.

Drag Queen

Bench

Really? This ain't no touch footy mate. He's fast and so was Quinlan. Quinlan was better, and shorter. Tim Sheens picked him up to relegate Hull KR back to ESL. It worked. Now Drew is going to Leigh for the same reason. Go figure.

Drag Queen

Bench
Really? This ain't no touch footy mate. He's fast and so was Quinlan. Quinlan was better, and shorter. Tim Sheens picked him up to relegate Hull KR back to ESL. It worked. Now Drew is going to Leigh for the same reason. Go figure.
But you would know this. Right?