What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk to play on - Jake Friend to be moved on!

Drag Queen

Bench
Lucky you
I know. It's a tough life but I'm loving the beach life. Getting my kini body on and also enjoying watching Newcastle getting it's act together. These peeps are the most loyal fans even when they lose (which is often). Too many beers today.. ZZzzzzzzzzz

BennyV

Referee
Right.. If you're happy with his performance we're certainly f**ked. He can't kick return, hopeless under the high ball, terrible in defence and mostly out of position. Competent should probably be another word for sub-par. I've witnessed the hatred for Widdop, Rein, Marshall, Mann etc on this forum well before I joined it. I wish I could be more transparent on my opinions of Dufty but there are too many people blowing smoke up his arse. He won't be our FB for long.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/competent

Just for you.

His positioning is fine, was off for his first 2 games but he settled in. He is actually very good under the high ball, passed every test asked of him I first grade. Defence is iffy, but that will come. And yes, he needs to run the ball back more but this is a (horrible) instruction from the coach with our younger fullback in a poor attempt to shield them from inevitable contact.

I agree he may not play the full year in firsts due to the fatigue on his body. Ideally, Mann should have the left wing spot and rotate at fullback with Dufty through the year. Will be interesting to see how it goes over the next 2 years.

Oh, and Dufty is far superior to Quinlan. Equal in defence and instincts but Matt has better positioning, better ball skills, better agility and actual tackle breaking ability - Adam could run fast in a straight line but would concede a tackle the second a hand was laid on him.

Smurf

Juniors
Can you imagine
The Rorters could potentially have both state of origin half backs in Cronk and Pearce !
Work that one out.

Smurf

Juniors
Unbelievably against all the predictions COOPER CRONK has announced he will play on FOR 2 more years. Roosters odds on favourites to sign him but must move one player and its Jake Friend!!

Any takers for a talented 27yo mongrel hooker??

You got right !
So now the Rosters have both the state of origin half backs !!!

Overseas dragon

Juniors
well mr queen hopeless under the high ball so tell me knowlegable one how many high balls did he drop in first grade was it maybe 10 or maybe 5 or maybe none yes there you have it your knowledge is just out of this world .and you really are an idiot of the highest order you should be on the coaching staff .

red rocket

Juniors
Good teac
and Angus Crichton will be the cherry on top.
Roosters make me sick we all complain about Mary but at least I know he would bleed for the players and the club he could also play Robinson has got nothing and this could blow up in his face and send him back to second grade where he has spent most of his career anyway Pearce needs to learn off Cronk they say why don't they save a million and get a coach to teach him476, member: 31241"]and Angus Crichton will be the cherry on top.[/QUOTE]

mickeylane

Bench
QUESTION....... I wonder how many inside forward passes Tedesco will get and how many tries he scores from Cronk chip kicks in front of the kicker ala Slater.......
ANSWER.......Plenty you can bet on it
Pearce / Maloney to be reunited at the Sharks !! Pearce net w Sharks this morning - I don't think he will go to Manly because he will be asked to play 5/8 , he won't stay w Roosters as he cant see himself being an impact player after being the man for 9 years.. The Sharks are offering the No. 7 jersey and reuniting him w the 5/8 he last won a premiership with in Maloney.. I think Roosters have made a big mistake w Cronk .. Dragons IMo have best No. 7 in the Comp

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Pearce / Maloney to be reunited at the Sharks !! Pearce net w Sharks this morning - I don't think he will go to Manly because he will be asked to play 5/8 , he won't stay w Roosters as he cant see himself being an impact player after being the man for 9 years.. The Sharks are offering the No. 7 jersey and reuniting him w the 5/8 he last won a premiership with in Maloney.. I think Roosters have made a big mistake w Cronk .. Dragons IMo have best No. 7 in the Comp
You could very well be right

Life's Good

Coach
I hope Easts have a bad season next year. NRL should send a team in to look at Easts and the Cap.
Cronk was good at the storm with his buddies Smith and Slater. Lets see how he goes without them.
I am not a fan of Pearce but he deserves better treatment from Easts.
I agree with the sentiment of your post but the game has shifted. For me it started with Bennett cutting Wally Lewis all those years ago. That was the first sign of a club determined to win at all costs. Slowly but surely a few other clubs have caught up and some have been left behind.
As for the Roosters in 2018, there problem is in the forwards, not the halves.

Crush

Coach
Problem is Maloney is on the nose at sharks. They don't like him. He is an arrogant prick according to what I have heard Flanno has said about him.

Latest posts