Cooper Cronk, where will he end up, any clues?

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Lovemedragons, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

If they remove the cap there will be plenty of players available within a short space of time on account of about 4 clubs going belly up!

2. ouryear

ouryear Juniors

Why should ANY club be given MASSIVE advantages ...JUST BECAUSE they happen to be in the RIGHT area geographically?

There are wealthy business owners in the Sydney Eastern Suburbs, Brisbane, Melbourne for a one NRL team town...(and I would have thought Canberra too)

So like the world's starving millions, IF you are born in the wrong part of the world,
    you are disadvantaged, and have about 20 times more chance of dying or not thriving.

The rest of the clubs fans are meant to accept this massive disadvantage?

Rugby league has taken on the same mantra as the world's lucky countries.

f##k the rest!

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, that is pathetic in society ...and for league to say that clubs who happen to be located in good business areas... can therefore have extra millions to spend on players.....Mark my words.......

IT WILL BE THE DEATH OF THE GAME.

Life's Good likes this.
  3. Souths Till I Die

Souths Till I Die Bench

Hahaha I know but at least it would be an even playing field in some regards. It would definitely test player loyalties.

Sadly this is very true in regards to life and league.

Life's Good likes this.
  4. ouryear

ouryear Juniors

But guess what?
    They still DIDNT win the comp!!

Buy.....Buy..... Buy.....like a rich Hollywood dude or chick.......But you can't buy heart, spirit or pride.

Stick it up Politis and Co!

nontime111 and Souths Till I Die like this.
  5. SBD82

SBD82 Bench

Ha. And I'm glad they didn't.

I guess I'm just jealous that they are challenging for the comp at least every couple of years. Wish we were too, and not always in a "rebuilding" phase.

ouryear and Souths Till I Die like this.
  6. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

He is a junior.
    You are correct

ouryear likes this.
  7. possm

possm First Grade

Sims and Ah Mau are local juniors who went off and played at other clubs and then came back.

8. SBD82

SBD82 Bench

Sims yes. But ah mau? He's a warriors junior.

dragonssamy61 and jak like this.
  9. possm

possm First Grade

The player managers should advise the NRL their players asking salary. From that point on all Clubs must offer that price or higher. None of this Tedesco 1.2m and end up being only 700k on the Roosters books.

Souths Till I Die likes this.
  10. SBD82

SBD82 Bench

Nice idea. Won't work in practice.

What if a manager sets a player's price at 600k and the highest offer from any club is 400k?

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  11. possm

possm First Grade

Our Club spends much more of it's hard earned dollars on junior development than what the Roosters do. So it's a huge advantage against us and for the Roosters.

12. SBD82

SBD82 Bench

And the theory behind that is to bring the through the juniors so that they are cheaper for us and we build a strong squad mostly made up of local players.

It's not working.

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  13. possm

possm First Grade

It would be up to the winning Club to apply to the NRL for relief. But when Tedesco's manager is talking 1.2m and a few clubs were prepared to pay 1m and the Roosters register a 700k contract, that ridiculous. I've always held the view that the NRL and player managers should manage TPA in the interest of keeping the games marquee players playing NRL. Any other model makes a mockery of the salary cap.

14. SBD82

SBD82 Bench

Sounds like an absurd amount of bureaucracy.

Every player manager is going to overvalue their players. Every club would have to apply to the NRL for dispensation for every contract.

15. possm

possm First Grade

Don't get me started about disadvantaged people in the world. The same poor standard of living was there for the slums of London, France, Italy and many others until Government intervention. Poor countries are mainly poor because of corrupt Governments or dictators who refuse to honestly meet their obligations. This is what the United Nations should be dealing with not crazy ways to re-distribute wealth from Countries who are meeting their obligations to their people.

16. ouryear

ouryear Juniors

In many cases you are spot on Possum, many countries with some exceptions do have the money... if they distributed it evenly.

Either way, the league is like a corrupt dictator, allowing more cash to go to the teams and people ....that SUIT the leagues AGENDA.

That is....The storm and the Donkeys, and perhaps overlooking the roosters rorting because of politis.

Third party payments should be capped or put into a central pool of money.

It could then he distributed based on KPIs such as crowd behaviour, player behaviour, junior development, player development post football, your clubs comcoschoolmunity and school involvement, etc.

17. ouryear

ouryear Juniors

At least Roosters came last in 2009 and almost last in 2016 :rooster::mouse2::rat:

Amazing, considering their set up and mountains of money!!

Just shows YA NEED HEART AND SOUL!!

18. jak

jak Juniors

correct

19. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

Canberra has a lot of big business type people but they only have taxpayer dollars........... which they have already maxed out their tabs.

I think the caps should all be the same, how or why should one team get more than another?

If anything, teams that have a good junior system should be rewarded and teams like East should have a reduced cap for the lack of juniors.

ouryear likes this.
  20. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

Just reading a piece from Andrew Webster in tonight SMH and he’s stated that Cronk IS going to be with a club next season but didn’t state who.

East must be firming.

ouryear likes this.