What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Harawira-Naera

Where the hell are those Cartwright stats from? The 1.2 games he played?

Because his stats last year for 26 games were:
14 runs for 116m per game
26.1 tackles for 3 missed per game
3 offloads per game
1.3 errors per game
8 tries
10 linebreaks
10 linebreaks assists

He plays 80 minutes while fit... playing less than a quarter of a game before injured skewed the stats. Last year is a far better sample for what he offers then 1.25 games this year and then splitting his stats to 2 full games.

Thats not to say CHN isn't a gun. Persinally I would consider him ahead of JFH until he proves himself match fit and deserving of a spot. Using the stats the same way ypu did Cartwright. Jfh averages in his 3 games:
37 minutes
4 runs for 29 metres
14.7 tackles for 1.3 missed
1 offload
As as assays I said to betcats sorry i wasn't trying to do that to show how bad cartwright is and yeah I agree not the best sample space to take it from. I was more just trying to prove to radical rat that there is no chn spends the rest of his time at penrith in reserve grade I mean he's still pushing for a spot in the 17 this week even if cartwright returns

maple_69

Bench
Not close to, Yeo is our best forward almost every week. Always going forward, getting good after contact meters and solid in defence. RCG has also stepped up big time in the last month. The rest of the pack just seem to fade in and out of games constantly.

Port Panther

Juniors
Who do we cut so we can resign CHN ? He is our only hard running player atm going enormous need to keep him . Your thoughts ?

TheFrog

Coach
You wouldn't have to cut anyone. He's got 3 first grade games. He'd cost us $200k or so. Surely that doesn't break the bank.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
He looks a better player than JFH. But still early days. I would go...

8. RCG
9. Wallace
10. Merrin/Tamou
11. CHN
12. Yeo
13. Cartwright/Merrin

14. Merrin/Tamou/Cartwright
15. Latu
16. JFH
17. Kikau/Akuaola/whichever hard young bastard is fit and playing well

mxlegend99

Referee
I'd have him over Bryce and JFh right now.
And Merrin if were honest.

Isaah Yeo is our best second rower. Corey Harawira-Naera has been as good or better than the others. He's not overrates believing his own hype like those gyys.

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah but those other guys are signed up long term....CHN isn't. If he play's he's basically being developed for someone else.

I don't mind it...but then you risk not developing a guy like JFH who is under contract.

betcats

Referee
Yeah but those other guys are signed up long term....CHN isn't. If he play's he's basically being developed for someone else.

I don't mind it...but then you risk not developing a guy like JFH who is under contract.

Fair points Mick but on form he deserves a spot more any of our forwards bar Yeo.