What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - turnstile

forward pass

Coach
I do.

I would f**k off:

Ben Smith
Moimoi
Morgan
Joseph Paulo
Darcy Lussick
Sandow
Luke Kelly
Isaac Degois
Mitchell Allgood
Justin Hunt
Corey Norman

That's 11 in our Top 25 already and that's just from the top of my head.

yes Avenger - because our top 25 should all be superstars. We cant afford to carry footballers who are only above average. :roll:

Seriously - every club has a superstar or two, a bunch of very good support players and another bunch of average or above average players who simply do a job and will never be match winners. Every club.

That is a ridiculous list.

Western_Eel

Juniors
He has been down on form for a few weeks now. His kicking game is awful both long and short. His defence is shocking. He lacks pace. The Warriors targetted him all game. He is on at least $400K. What the f**k were we thinking ?

Give him a break our forwards have been shit

natheel

Coach
Talk about crucifying a bloke. He may have been terrible the other night but while we were on a good run he has been solid for us providing a good link between the backs and forwards. Mannah was noticeably missed with his go forward and leadership. What's Norman supposed to do when his halves partner in Kelly is doing sweet f**k all which puts a lot of pressure on Normans shoulders.

He may not be the best five eight in the comp but I'd rather have him over many of the five eights that are in teams that are below us and Josh Hoffman

Avenger

Immortal
yes Avenger - because our top 25 should all be superstars. We cant afford to carry footballers who are only above average. :roll:

Seriously - every club has a superstar or two, a bunch of very good support players and another bunch of average or above average players who simply do a job and will never be match winners. Every club.

That is a ridiculous list.

Why is it ridiculous? There are plenty of juniors that need to be upgraded and getting rid of these players could also give us an opportunity to sign a player like Beau Scott whom I think we desperately need. I'll admit I went a little hard on Norman. I'll give him more time but there are aspects of his game that need improving which is almost everything bar his passing game.

eel01s

Bench
Norman looked lost the other night in all aspects: running, kicking and defence. Let's hope it was a one off and that his form (along with the rest of the side) improves.

Technique

Juniors
I've never seen such a good passer of the ball so scared to throw a pass at times. When the heat is on he cuts back inside almost religiously. Parramatta have actually been lucky in that he does this less now; his time in the halves at the Broncos was awful on that front.

The nicest thing I can say about him is that he's too good for reserve grade. Like Joel Moon, I just don't think there's a standardised position in the the NRL that accomodates his skillset -- he's part fullback, part half but not good enough in either position to make for much more than a good squad depth player. He should be getting whatever the 18th highest paid player at the club is on; not 400k.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've never seen such a good passer of the ball so scared to throw a pass at times. When the heat is on he cuts back inside almost religiously. Parramatta have actually been lucky in that he does this less now; his time in the halves at the Broncos was awful on that front.

The nicest thing I can say about him is that he's too good for reserve grade. Like Joel Moon, I just don't think there's a standardised position in the the NRL that accomodates his skillset -- he's part fullback, part half but not good enough in either position to make for much more than a good squad depth player. He should be getting whatever the 18th highest paid player at the club is on; not 400k.

He's an old school five-eighth and we're training him up as a modern style left side halfback. He's a work in progress.

Suitman

Post Whore
Maybe so but his kicking game is shithouse and has been all year. Like a misguided popgun.

What are you talking about?
His kicking game is as accurate as anyone in the NRL.
Straight down the fullbacks throat every time.

Suity

oldmancraigy

Coach
What are you talking about?
His kicking game is as accurate as anyone in the NRL.
Straight down the fullbacks throat every time.

Suity

Is that true?

I was under the impression that he found the grass far more consistently than many blokes who have been our kickers in years gone past?
He found the grass a lot yesterday, and put it between fullback and winger, but was kicking from his own 20 meter line more often than not - hard to put in a massive 'winner' kick from there.
Then the kick chase was also kind of weak.

Latest posts