What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

forward pass

Coach
What has happened?

I had to start a thread having watched the "All the Tries' on Fox the other day featuring every Semi Radradra try.

This show was depressing in two ways -

1) Seeing some of the tries Semi scored for us over the years and seeing what we are missing nearly brought me to tears.

2) Watching how many of those tries were laid on by Norman. Crisp cut out passes to Semi, a couple of long floating passes (one which was thrown from near the posts - must have travelled 30 metres) some beautiful lead up work to create the space and some superb pin point kicks. Watching this package of tries, you would think Norman was Thurston or Lockyer.

Where has this all gone? Is it because of Moses, is he just badly out of form, out of ideas or simply does not have the confidence in our wingers now to throw those passes?

I have been as critical of him this year as anyone, but then you watch something like that and it reminds you of his talent which you forget when time goes on. Surely he is still capable. He seems to be a shadow of his former self and I really don't know why.

Joely01

Bench
He doesn’t help himself by going out on the drink every weekend.
His attitude has turned to s**t

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not winning the ruck and marching down the field like we were.

Much easier to do the flashy stuff when that is happening.

From memory a lot of our tries last year were from the other end of the field. We’ve always struggled in attack in the opposition’s end but it’s really hurting us now because those long range tries have gone.

84 Baby

Referee
What has happened?

I had to start a thread having watched the "All the Tries' on Fox the other day featuring every Semi Radradra try.

This show was depressing in two ways -

1) Seeing some of the tries Semi scored for us over the years and seeing what we are missing nearly brought me to tears.

2) Watching how many of those tries were laid on by Norman. Crisp cut out passes to Semi, a couple of long floating passes (one which was thrown from near the posts - must have travelled 30 metres) some beautiful lead up work to create the space and some superb pin point kicks. Watching this package of tries, you would think Norman was Thurston or Lockyer.

Where has this all gone? Is it because of Moses, is he just badly out of form, out of ideas or simply does not have the confidence in our wingers now to throw those passes?

I have been as critical of him this year as anyone, but then you watch something like that and it reminds you of his talent which you forget when time goes on. Surely he is still capable. He seems to be a shadow of his former self and I really don't know why.
The kicks going to shit are one thing, but his loss of reading opportunity for cut-out pass to winger is utterly mystifying. I know there have been others, but the only one I can remember clearly at the moment (the rest of them have just congealed into the rest of the shitness which has been this season) is against the Dogs in 1st half, French was unmarked, Norman had got outside his man and Gunco had drawn the winger but Norman passed to Gunco who had to no look tap to French and the ball went out. Now it may have been captain's call, but then man with the ball has the final say.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So he posting on social media that he is pissed every weekend?
I don’t think it is too much of a stretch to suggest that he doesn’t have the attitude and commitment of a Cooper Cronk.

You can argue the minutiae but any suggestion that he is a fully committed, hard training leader is laughable....and any suggestion that he doesn’t need to be is equally as laughable.

Joely01

Bench
I don’t think it is too much of a stretch to suggest that he doesn’t have the attitude and commitment of a Cooper Cronk.

You can argue the minutiae but any suggestion that he is a fully committed, hard training leader is laughable....and any suggestion that he doesn’t need to be is equally as laughable.

X2, 100% on the money.
Try and twist whatever you want forward pass.
He is paid and treated as a professional athlete. His behavior is anything but a professional athlete

TheParraboy

Staff member
Norman was a gun on the field when at his most unprofessional (see 8 week suspension back end of 2016)