What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Country support for Dragons.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Just thought I'd fill in you city slickers on what this week is like in the country.

I'm in Orange - pop approx 40,000. 300kms north-west of Sydney. We had alot of bandwagon Eels supporters here last year due to Daniel Mortimer being a local product. But towards the end of last year, you could not buy a Dragons jersey in any of the handful of merchandise stores.

Walking around town yesterday morning, would have seen two Dragons jerseys for every Tigers OR Roosters one. The only jumper I saw that looked brand spanky belonged to a Tigers supporter. But saw dozens of red Vs and a few blood-and-bandages.

Was in Dubbo today, 150kms north-west of Orange. Pretty bitchin' merchandise store there. Only one Dragons jersey in the place that had minutes before been taken off layby, according to the clerk. Any Dragons polo shirts were size small. Ditto the 2010 minor premiers shirts. Most other merchandise was sold out of the Dragons items. And the ONLY jumpers I saw being worn in Dubbo were Dragons ones. No wait - did see a Bulldogs jumper too.

Being someone who wears the average large/extra large, I could not have walked out with one item of Dragons clothing that would fit. I could, however, have walked out decked head-to-toe in Roosters, Tigers...hell, even Auckland gear. But as the sheila there said, "The Dragons gear is gone as soon as it comes in."

It all got me thinking - they say when Souffs are doing well, rugby league is doing well. Looking around two inland cities in two days, I say BULLSCHIDT! It's when the Dragons are doing well that the world sits up & takes notice.

cleary89

Coach
My cousin has been travelling Newcastle looking for a jersey. His dad said if we made it he would buy him one, but now he can't find one.

So many saints supporters every where.

RedVee

First Grade
Saw a bloke from Classic on Channel 7 news taking about the GF Tshirts. Said they'll sell 10:1 in favour of Dragons.

Bereft Skerrick

Juniors
Nowra is starting to sprout Red N White :) The local Best n Less had 2 decicated stands for Dragons gear (strangely their Eels supporter gear goes untouched!) + there's a Brands 4 Fans around the corner as well which stocks a lot of gear.

juanfarkall

Coach
Saturday afternoon at Peter Wynn's at Parra, Saints caps could not be had.
Not really country I know, but for out of towners it is often a port of call.

Rocket

Juniors
Today I'm going to dress the car up a bit today. There are quite a few Dragons fans here in Canberra so I'm hoping some others do the same.

I've got a trip to Sydney on Tues/Wed so it will be a dressed rehearasal for weekend's trip up the Hume for the big game.