What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covell to five-eighth?

redback

Bench
On ABC radio last night, Warren Ryan made that exact comment. He went on to say that he may be a bit slow on the wing, but that he did a few things last night that indicated he would make a good number 6.

It's an interesting suggestion, and I would be interested on what everyone else thinks.

No this isn't an anti-Barrett thread. It's a hypothetical question?

Inferno

Coach
He played halfback for his junior club, so its not a bad idea, but silly to suggest it while we have Barrett and Seymour both fit.

spider

Coach
I think he did ok last night Spider. I'm more concerned with Pommeroy.
i thought pom played a lot bettrer than the previous week

better support play - popped up a few times which surpirsed me

and on cov - who's f**king boots did he wear last night?

not only was the goal kicking uncharacteristic of him, but his line drop outs were not up there as normal either

Inferno

Coach
to be fair though, all 3 kicks were from the touchline. The price you pay for Simmo scoring a hattrick I suppose...

he's still at 11/14 for the season so far.

spider

Coach
my point was that it was his goal kicking that is a big asset - that asset would have been handy if it was working last night in a tight game

spider

Coach
soft defence yes - and front rowers will get tired when playing that many minutes at times

but in the end it could be attributed to many factors - teams score against us every week so we could line the players up responsible each week

covell is offering next to nothing at the moment - a few goals last night changes the game drastically

roboshark

Coach
he has 1 or 2 games a year where he doesnt land any and they sometimes cost us the game..i rememeber a few in the last couple of years

spider

Coach
i cant grasp the push for the slowest player in the team to move in field

seriously, he moves in and he becomes a defensive liability due to lack of speed

he is not a ball player - he kicks goals, catches and jumps, sometimes in the reverse order

surely a coach with stuarts experience would have tested otherwise if the relaistic option was there

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
but in the end it could be attributed to many factors - teams score against us every week so we could line the players up responsible each week

The other teams are scoring through us every week, in the same place, through the same guy. Whatever is Dougies problem, it has to be fixed.

spider

Coach
less minutes = less errors

imo he is not capable to play [effectively] the amount of minutes he currently is

spider

Coach
most likely still first count, but 3 missed tackles over 77 minutes is a good effort for a front rower

if he missed the tackles early in the game as you mention, he faired well in the back half