What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys recrutiment

SBD82

Coach
Well, what has become very clear now is that the Cowboys are far and away the best team in QLD.
The best bit is still to come.

In future years, when the cowboys stars are reaching the end of their careers, they can phone in their pre-retirement at the broncos, while NQ continues to bring through the blokes that are the stars of today.

Spot On

Coach
By then Wayne will be paying Milford, Bird and Darius 2 million a season each and wondering why the Broncs haven't won a comp in 15 years. Needs more origin players.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hannant;
Scott;
and Thurston.

Thats a lot of cap space not playing for the Cows to get to the gf on in 2017. At a guess - roughly well over a quarter. But I guess.

Now I know Morgan signed on unders in 2015, and in trade JT will not get a 2019 contract as Morgan will ca$h in that year. This kept Coote and Morgan at the club.

Now with the most exciting forward at present looking to the future in Taumalolo and arguably the most exciting back in Morgan - how can anyone seriously question the Cows recruitment brain trust? I just hope JT signs an unders in 2019 instead of retiring but Morgans earnt the $ based on 2015 and this years heroics.

Not many clubs could lose their premier 2 props and halfback and still make a gf. That takes depth. Depth takes smart and broad recruitment.

Last edited: