What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Fitzgibbon

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Still lives on the south coast and I think although he is a rookie would be an amazing coach
His the roosters defensive coach and the nsw blues
Also a old boy thoughts ?

Yes- I have previously posted that he, Jason Demetriou (Bennett) and Jason Ryles (Bellamy) have learnt from the best three coaches in the game and all are highly regarded by their clubs. I would be happy with any of the three to take over from Big Empty Mac.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
As l mentioned on another thread, l'd prefer someone with experience and ability but would settle for Fitz or Brown with the view that they would hopefully be an upgrade on McGregor.

As others have mentioned, Brown with Fitz assisting?

Let's face it, anything with a shiver would advantageous.

You do just realise he's agreed to a new 3 year contract with the Roosters right to continue as an Assistant Coach? As such, unless he has a get out clause, he won't be available to go anywhere for a while.

St Georgio

Juniors
Shaun David Wane (born 14 September 1964) is an English rugby union and rugby league coach, and former professional rugby league player. He is currently a high performance coach for the Scottish Rugby Union, and was previously head coach of the Wigan Warriors from 2011 to 2018, where he won 3 Super League Grand Finals.
If I was CEO this is the Rookie, I would Give a Contract right this Second for 2020-2021!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Last 4 dragons coaches...

Brown...rookie coach...disaster

Bennett...premiership winning coach....consistent footy and a premiership

Price...rookie coach...disaster

Mary...rookie coach...worse than a disaster...

NO MORE ROOKIE COACHES!!!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Shaun David Wane (born 14 September 1964) is an English rugby union and rugby league coach, and former professional rugby league player. He is currently a high performance coach for the Scottish Rugby Union, and was previously head coach of the Wigan Warriors from 2011 to 2018, where he won 3 Super League Grand Finals.
If I was CEO this is the Rookie, I would Give a Contract right this Second for 2020-2021!
Sorry he's too overqualified....you only need to be a good bloke, drink piss & paint!

You do just realise he's agreed to a new 3 year contract with the Roosters right to continue as an Assistant Coach? As such, unless he has a get out clause, he won't be available to go anywhere for a while.

At this stage it’s a handshake agreement also Politis has stated he would be happy to let him go if a head role becomes available to him

TruSaint

Referee
At this stage it’s a handshake agreement also Politis has stated he would be happy to let him go if a head role becomes available to him

Correct, and he immediately dismissed coaching the Knights.

" Despite already being sounded out by Newcastle officials, Fitzgibbon has recently recommitted to the Roosters and given his word he will remain with the premiers.

"He's extended his time at the Roosters and he's happy there so he doesn't want to look into it," Fitzgibbon's agent David Riolo told NRL.com.

"He's only just done an extension and he's given his word that he won't go elsewhere.

"We've been approached by the Knights, which is flattering. I can see why they've approached him because he's probably the best coach not head coaching at the moment.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/20/nrl-wont-allow-flanagan-to-become-browns-successor/

Overseas dragon

Juniors
As l mentioned on another thread, l'd prefer someone with experience and ability but would settle for Fitz or Brown with the view that they would hopefully be an upgrade on McGregor.

As others have mentioned, Brown with Fitz assisting?

Let's face it, anything with a shiver would advantageous.
fitzy would only leave the roosters for the top job he has a contract for 2 yrs more as assistant but can get a release for the top job

St Georgio

Juniors
fitzy would only leave the roosters for the top job he has a contract for 2 yrs more as assistant but can get a release for the top job
Uh Well Done Deal another Rookie loser to take control, Hail Ronald McDonald!
Ok Dumbwitz, let's just say Tent Robinson wanted out because of having absolutely no playing ability according to the playing group, let Craig Fitz garbage take over the Chickens and Release Trent Robbie to the Saints!

Last edited:

Latest posts