What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig McLaughlan on the Footy Show - Absolute humiliation

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well based on his performance on the Sunday Footy Show last week just before Melbourne destroyed the Knights he must be dry humping Joey

DIEHARD

----
Craig's secret child - April 17, 2005

Actor and would-be comedian Craig McLachlan secretly fathered a child to British soap star Charlotte Avery while he was trying to build an overseas career.

McLachlan's son Jacob is now four and lives with his Eastenders-star mother in London, but McLachlan says he regularly visits the young boy.
"He's the absolute joy of my life, funny as hell," the former Neighbours star tells Andrew Denton in an interview on tomorrow night's Enough Rope.

"He is the most dazzling little thing on the face of God's earth."

In the interview, McLachlan also confronts his disastrous performance on The Footy Show and appears on the verge of tears when talking about the early death of his own father.

"I lost Dad at 14, just before my 15th birthday, after a lengthy, lengthy battle with cancer," he says.

"And he elected to die at home. Tough to watch."

He says while he and Jacob's mum are no longer together, they still have a "terrific relationship".

"She's in a relationship with another chap who I have a great relationship with.

"I kind of, in a weird sort of way, feel like I'm the auxiliary, stand-by dad as well. I mean I'm in a very, very lucky position."

"I just want to be around for a long time to enjoy him (and to see) the little things I missed out on with Dad, like talking about your first girlfriend and, you know, having your first shave."

He admits his recent appearance on The Footy Show, where he "died" as a stand-up comedian, was a big mistake and humiliating.

Enough Rope with Andrew Denton goes to air tomorrow night at 9.30 on ABC TV.

Nuke

Staff member
Great!

Can't wait to see it ... hopefully they show part of the act (or the whole 3 minutes!) to show the people in the likes of WA, Vic, SA, ect who wouldn't've seen The Footy Show due to them being in bed fast asleep (because of the crap timeslot).

I can tell you though, a week after that stand-up performance, radio stations here in Perth were talking about it and joking about it - particularly the heckler ("What's worse than poo?" "YOU!!!"). News takes it's time to filter through to WA, but it usually gets there!

That's why WA stands for Wait Awhile I guess!

Jae

Juniors
I stayed up to watch it... it is the first time I've ever watched the Footy Show in Adelaide and thought it was worth the wait.

The Business

Juniors
I recently saw him doing a gig at a quiet local pub in the eastern suburbs in front of 15 people. That was humiliation.

grouch

First Grade
The Footy Show's audience is a much maligned demographic. But they proved themselves far far ahead of their time right there. Well done Footy Show people.

OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF