What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Timbo

Staff member
Also, and f**k me the fact that this is something I'm wasting time thinking about makes me so f**king furious I'm beyond reason, how in the name of crikey f**k would they know how much each item of clothes cost? Did they ask him for his credit card receipts?

This shit is why newspapers are going down the gurgler.

Bazal

Post Whore
Also, and f**k me the fact that this is something I'm wasting time thinking about makes me so f**king furious I'm beyond reason, how in the name of crikey f**k would they know how much each item of clothes cost? Did they ask him for his credit card receipts?

This shit is why newspapers are going down the gurgler.
Exactly. But dumbshits swallow it without chewing.

axl rose

Bench
Arent they just shooting themselves in the foot. What do CA care about a lost reserve grade tour they lose money on? how does it put them in a better bargaining position?

Incorrect

Coach
I don't care about how much his clothes cost.

But no man should ever wear a scarf with the following exceptions:

He's a world war I flying ace.
He's the Invisible man.
He's Douglas Jardine (technically that was a kerchief).

"world war I flying ace." LOL. I'm using that!!

His missus Lee probably bought it for him...Poor bastard was probably on his way out the door and Lee yells out - "Hon, don't forget that scarf I bought you. It'll really set off the jacket and chinos ensemble you've got going on...... and don't try to take it off when you get to the meeting and leave it in the car... I'll know...."

Incorrect

Coach
Arent they just shooting themselves in the foot. What do CA care about a lost reserve grade tour they lose money on? how does it put them in a better bargaining position?
CA don't care about an A Team tour of South Africa so much but there's a pretty important Test series coming up at home this summer and one that hundreds of thousands of tickets have been pre-sold for and who their TV broadcast partner are banking on massive audience numbers for.

I imagine those people that bought Ashes tickets would be entitled to a refund if they decided they would prefer not to watch Joe Root smash 300 not out in each innings of every Test against bowlers such as Sam Trundler who normally opens the bowling for Fairfield-Liverpool in Sydney Grade cricket and wrist spinning, gout suffering stalwart Clive "that's a wide" Pinkerton from the Dandenong cricket club in Victoria....

Bazal

Post Whore

They are demonstrating that they are unified in this and won't just rock up and play for CA without this being settled. I'd have thought that was rather clear.

CA need to nut up, accept that their bid to dismantle the players union has failed, and agree to the model they should have agreed to in the first place. The players are clearly not going to be bullied, as much as CA have tried.

PJ

First Grade
Is it really that clear though Bazal?

I don't see why a profit sharing, and giving the ACA a position to see where the operating costs go and a say in it, is unreasonable.

It makes more sense than a revenue sharing imo.

Bazal

Post Whore
Is it really that clear though Bazal?

I don't see why a profit sharing, and giving the ACA a position to see where the operating costs go and a say in it, is unreasonable.

It makes more sense than a revenue sharing imo.

Because the model CA have put forward short-changes domestic cricketers

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What is clear is that abandoning a nothing tour will not shift CA's position whatsoever

Not sure about that, Foxsports News are reporting this morning that it has cost CA a couple of mill because we pulled out

TheParraboy

Staff member

I think its a statement of what to follow rather than shooting themselves in the foot. CA are probably thinking the players will give in, this is a pre warning of what could happen in upcoming (cancelled) tours. They better start caring

ALL players are united and more cancelled tours WILL happen unless CA don't come to the party. Next is the 2 test series in Bangladesh then the ODI series in India (I wonder if CA will suddenly care prior this tour?), then the ashes

Who we gonna pick for the ashes if CA don't get it? the top players wont be there, this reserve grade side wont be there.

TheParraboy

Staff member
What is clear is that abandoning a nothing tour will not shift CA's position whatsoever

What is clear is I doubt they thought cancellations would be a reality

Now that this is happened the ball is in their court to see if they shift their stance or not

I think it was Ian Healy who said they should just extend the MOU for another year, that way we can concentrate on the ashes and other series, and they can nut out the issues, rather than rush it and have cancelled cricket and these shananegans

Incorrect

Coach
What is clear is I doubt they thought cancellations would be a reality

Now that this is happened the ball is in their court to see if they shift their stance or not

I think it was Ian Healy who said they should just extend the MOU for another year, that way we can concentrate on the ashes and other series, and they can nut out the issues, rather than rush it and have cancelled cricket and these shananegans

Greed is greed and CA would have just tried to railroad the process anyway. If anything, the timing is better for the players with a hugely anticipated home Ashes series around the corner. They have much more traction in getting CA to "negotiate" and not "dictate"

Was watching the Today show while getting ready for work this morning and there was brief mention of the impasse during the Sports report - I was waiting for Triple Chin Gilbert to go on a rant and criticise the players and their association but it didn't come surprisingly enough....

Bazal

Post Whore

Really? So showing CA that the players are serious will do absolutely nothing?

This is far from a nothing tour. This is guys like Khawaja abandoning a chance to press for a Test re-call and choosing instead to send a message.

You don't reckon the twats at CA were a little bit rocked by this decision?