What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Bazal

Post Whore
Good too see Tremain get a run in both squads, had some pace with height and bounce. Can see him being good enough for the next level.

Surprisingly decent squads on the whole I reckon. A few WTF picks like Holland, but otherwise...

Timbo

Staff member
Australia A vs India A overnight.

Good to see Khawaja getting success against spin, but Head, Handscomb and Marsh show some concerns.

Bazal

Post Whore
Australia A vs India A overnight.

Good to see Khawaja getting success against spin, but Head, Handscomb and Marsh show some concerns.

Looks like a class knock from Uzi. 127 of 243, only two others in double figures. Opening might be his spot with no Warner?

Labuschagne in the runs too.

Head is a bit hot and miss against spin anyway, and Handscomb I think is shot mentally. The way stopped playing anything in the V during the Ashes was a sign of where he's at in terms of his own approach

tomdl

Bench
Handscomb I think is shot mentally. The way stopped playing anything in the V during the Ashes was a sign of where he's at in terms of his own approach

The selectors didn’t do him any favours either by taking him to SA only for him to run drinks when he could have stayed home to play shield. I don’t see how he can be included in the squad to the UAE playing the way he is playing.

Timbo

Staff member
I think Handscomb needs a season in the Shield to find confidence.

Burns and Renshaw seemed to get a good thing going for Queensland last year. I like the idea with sticking with them to open, having Khawaja at 3, then bringing in an old head like Ferguson at 4. Then the brothers Darsh.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think Handscomb needs a season in the Shield to find confidence.

Burns and Renshaw seemed to get a good thing going for Queensland last year. I like the idea with sticking with them to open, having Khawaja at 3, then bringing in an old head like Ferguson at 4. Then the brothers Darsh.

Yeah true. Although I suppose the advantage of a guy like Burns is he can bat pretty much anywhere, so we have options even if they're not world class.

I'd love to see Ferguson get a bit of a chance to finish his career off showing what he can do at Test levle, but I just don't see the selectors going that way. If not for his knees he'd have been a stalwart in the Aussie side IMO. He was looking a fine player at ODI level before that

Bazal

Post Whore
Meanwhile, from watching bits and pieces of the CPL here and there, Adam Zampa has gone from having Cadel Evans syndrome to a full blown case of Ricky Stuart syndrome.

Deadset every time I've seen the little merkin he's been having a cry about something. Not a great look.

Eelectrica

Referee
Cook played a little too long, but he goes out a winner.
Good luck to him. Still having nightmares over the 2010 Ashes tour.

tomdl

Bench
Handscomb out for 8 in the 2nd innings. Surely that’s a line through his name for the UAE tour. He’s cooked. Since his shield hundred in Feb he has scores of 0, 0, 5, 0, 24, 2, 2, 0, 8

Eelectrica

Referee
Good to see Head and Khawaja step up in the Aus A game.

But yeah Handscombe is done. For now at least. If he has a couple of good seasons in shield cricket they could maybe give him another shot in the Aus A team and go from there.

Eelectrica

Referee
He’s rubbish. Averaging 28 in shield. Don’t know why people have just decided he is the next test keeper.
T20 has a way of making batsmen seem better than they are. That, and he's not Matt Wade.
Still we need someone to rise from the ashes for when Paine calls it quits.
Peter Neville has to be in the conversation still.

Bazal

Post Whore
T20 has a way of making batsmen seem better than they are. That, and he's not Matt Wade.
Still we need someone to rise from the ashes for when Paine calls it quits.
Peter Neville has to be in the conversation still.

Nev's keeping has taken a bit of a dive, to be fair.

Carey is a good gloveman and that should always be the number one consideration for Test keepers. Obviously you don't want a rubbish bat either, but Carey isn't rubbish. Unless someone else stands up he's next in line because he's a very good keeper.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Nev's keeping has taken a bit of a dive, to be fair.

Carey is a good gloveman and that should always be the number one consideration for Test keepers. Obviously you don't want a rubbish bat either, but Carey isn't rubbish. Unless someone else stands up he's next in line because he's a very good keeper.
But is he a West Australian?