What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Trivia

ANTiLAG

First Grade
take it you mean bat? or captain? maybe the latter... batting - Sutcliffe, Donnelly, Dempster, Turner, Crowe, Jones, Reid x2 all easily better... others Richardson, Coney, Wright, Astle arguably better

the cricinfo best ever XI was
Turner, Dempster, Sutcliffe, Crowe, DOnnelly, Reid, Hadlee, Smith, Vetorri, Bond and Cowie

relatively slim pickings, but Smith and Vetorri aside, not much to argue about... one thing we have had is world-class all-rounders - that team has Reid, Hadlee and Vetorri... but Chris Cairns and Bruce Taylor were outstanding cricketers too

I would have McCullum batting seven over Smith and above Hadlee.

Think Reid been selected on prestige - I'd have Cairns for his bowling. Their batting records are near identical. Taylor was fairly lethal according to the poms.

Cowie, Bond, Hadlee with Cairns as the Donkey.

Reid x2 was kinda soft wasn't he? He kept retiring to avoid Windies and scored all his runs against a Pakistan with injured/no Imran and a shabby 80's Aussie outfit. Not sure he qualifies ahead of Flem so defintely JJ.

ANYWAY start a trivia question someone....

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I asked the question - so he does.

Its Yappy's question to ask now...

Someone should set up a trivia thread for origin next time that is on ;)

yappy

Bench
Australia have been on the losing end of all three tests where the team following-on has won. Who is the only individual to be involved in two of these three matches?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If Gomes is white, so am I

smokeyrobinson_3.jpg

Latest posts