What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Trivia

Barkley

Bench
Who am I?

I scored an unbeaten century in my last test match.
I scored an unbeaten century in my last shield game.
I have taken one solitary first class wicket.

Plenty of clues to follow if required.

Barkley

Bench
Very good PB

The following clues would have been, 5 tests for Australia , scored a first class 300 and scored just under 17k first class runs.

undertaker

Coach
Tough one here...

Who is the only player in the history of international cricket (Test/ODI/T20) to win a Man of the Match award without taking a wicket, taking a catch nor scoring a run in that particular match?

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh, I actully kinda know this one I think. Well, by that I mean I have no idea other than a vague memory, lol

....it's a bowler, I'm 99% sure? Won for economy rate in a really close ODI. I couldn't for the life of me tell you his name without Googling so I'll disqualify myself but maybe that info will help some other merkin

undertaker

Coach
Of course Cameron Cuffy

in 2001 V Zimbots

BINGO! Well done! Sorry for the late confirmation

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/66312.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Cuffy

Cameron Cuffy has the distinction of winning a man of the match award in a One Day International without scoring a run, taking a wicket or holding a catch. Playing against Zimbabwe at Harare in the opening fixture of a Coca Cola Cup tournament on 23 June 2001 he won the match award for his analysis of 10-2-20-0. As the hosts managed only 239 for 9 in reply to 266 for 5 by West Indies, Cuffy's economy was crucial. No other bowler in the match conceded fewer than 35 runs from his full 10-over entitlement.

Besides this game, the other Cameron Cuffy incident I clearly remember of him was bowling Greg Blewett for 99 in the 1997 Australia Day test match in Adelaide. Greg blew it!

Last edited:

Latest posts