What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Trivia

Timbo

Staff member
what do Richard Hadlee, Garfield Sobers and Derek Randell have in common?

Is it that they all played for the same County side? Notts?

I've been to Trent Bridge, they flashed up something about past greats and I remember Hadlee and Sobers on the list.

Timbo

Staff member
I have one -

Who was the last player who made their first class debut for Australia?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Tests are international games, Australia A is a first class game

No, tests are first class and tests. Greater includes the lesser.

Odi are also list A.

T20i are also T20.

Test isn't based on technically international anyway - it is status of the match UAE vs Scotland is fc still at best. But they use odi and t20i for test nations and more cos of status of both of the teams (t20i has more teams than odi than test).

England had test status when only a part of the UK (Now Eng and Wales but still exclude Scotland and Norther Ireland). India had test status while still the British Raj. Bit of a misnomer but we know what is meant.

But fc record includes tests. Same for odi to list a and t20i to t20.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Twiz, tests count as first class games. And not every Australian first class game is a test.

Anyway, now that we’ve sorted that out - who was the most recent player to make their first class debut for Australia?

I know this probably sounds like something that wouldn’t have happened since WW2, but you’d be surprised when this was.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I suspect this will be someone from the Aussie ODI/T20 team filling in during a tour non-test match, or someone pulled out of a minor county or lancashire league side due to injuries on tour (also in a non test fc match).

But I have no idea who.