What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla - So Close but yet so far

Nullajet

Juniors
97?? the super league pretendy comp.?? where a team gets to play the ultimate game at their home ground...what a farce!!

I did not really want our only premiership to be a win in a half baked comp anyway..

sladden road

Juniors
99 was the year
the day i saw spirit of league cry when we returned from homebush to the pub..fuggn howland let the ball bounce..et passing it over the touch line and on and on..MUNDINE AARRRGH..
MODS BAN JT.....
haha

but for real we would have smashed melbourne in the gf and beaten nod and ando..
oh the irony..
very funny footy gods very fuggn funny..

i love spiders reason..mirrors gold!

and 2001 beatie in the scrum the penalty the ref after we smashed the dogs ..i was right on the half way for both games..a flying matty preston et al...

MODS!

SPEACIAL mention to 88 and the balmain game we should have done a lamb on the pearl..woshka..

and to hoppa for his head pats in the 95..dickhead

im off to hide under the covers for a year

Jono Russell

Bench
for me 99 was the hardest. I remember having me head in my lap and almost crying after that match.

the Knights final was hard seeing matty rogers and a few other go from the club.

The game against Warriors was f**ked for the simple reason that, I had tickets to the game but fell very sick the night before so I stayed home to watch on delayed ch:9. Warriors were leading 10 - 4 I believe and Noddy went in under the sticks. It was 10 - 10 and I was thinking this is it we have the momentum we can do it. At that time my mum walked in the room and said "Theres always next year. I'm sorry" I almost lost it at her that day.

jc155776

Coach
Nullajet said:
97?? the super league pretendy comp.?? where a team gets to play the ultimate game at their home ground...what a farce!!

I did not really want our only premiership to be a win in a half baked comp anyway..

Superleague was twice the comp then the ARL. Australian rugby league?? EVERY f**kEN TEAM BAR ONE WAS FROM SYDNEY.

Anyways that burnt because it was a final hurdle.

1999, 2001 and 2002. f**ken hell.

99 we were the Storm of today.

01 and 02 we had brilliant backends to the season then just went kaput.

Nullajet

Juniors
Super league was a joke!! Tell me any other competition where a club side gets to play the grand final at their f**king home ground for f**k sake!!

Thats a farce!

And of the 2 grand finals that year the Newcastle v Manly one was a much better game.

Anyway I dont even want to get back into that whole superleage crap...bottom line is I would rather when the sharks win a GF they do so when the competiton is united..not split into 2 halves.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Nullajet said:
Super league was a joke!! Tell me any other competition where a club side gets to play the grand final at their f**king home ground for f**k sake!!

Thats a farce!

And of the 2 grand finals that year the Newcastle v Manly one was a much better game.

Anyway I dont even want to get back into that whole superleage crap...bottom line is I would rather when the sharks win a GF they do so when the competiton is united..not split into 2 halves.

And Bronco supporters continue to rub it in our face as if the trophy wasnt already paid for, wrapped and delivered to their club a week before the game.

cheese

Bench
I was at the 99 game. fuhk it hurt.

Sharks fans were giving it to the dragons fans plenty at half time. Many a heated beer line exchange.

Then ...well ....fuhk it hurt

f**k.

JT, I'm holding you responsible if one of these blokes does himself in. I can hear the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth from here.

we were dominant in the first half but only led by 8.......
i think peach grounded the ball on a guys foot. then i think triester knocked on in the play the ball and we went straight through and scored.....should have been 20 nil or more..

the second half was a blur of tears and backflips...

Frenzy.

Immortal
'99. merkin of a year.

Was at the game with my partner of the time and she was a low Dragons fan. Went there with 2 of her friends who were also scum fans.

Got in a punchup with a Dragons knob on the way to the car only to get back to Sharks leagues to run into the same c**k and get into blue No. 2 and get evicted. Again.

Lost the game. Lost the fight. Lost all hope and even eventuall lost the girl :lol:

Such is life

coolumsharkie

Referee
I watched it on TV in Coolum, with my cousin and my Girlfriend/De Facto.. I had to leave the room at full time, closed the bedroom door, stuck my head in a pillow.

She says " My God! This really does mean alot to you doesn't it?"

???????

Like what the f**k have I been doing the last 30 odd weeks!!!!

DJDL

Bench
Definitely '99.
8 points up at half time was never going to be enough, particularly for how much they dominated the first half. I had a bad feeling at half time that they would pay.

At the end of the match I was just numb. Couldn't talk for ages.

carcharias

Immortal
CHAOS said:
'99. merkin of a year.

Was at the game with my partner of the time and she was a low Dragons fan. Went there with 2 of her friends who were also scum fans.

Got in a punchup with a Dragons knob on the way to the car only to get back to Sharks leagues to run into the same c**k and get into blue No. 2 and get evicted. Again.

Lost the game. Lost the fight. Lost all hope and even eventuall lost the girl :lol:

Such is life

oh dear ....

Mine wasn't quite as bad.
We had a huge party where I was out numbered 20 -1 by DRagons fans.

My only backup was 2 mates and a bunch of backpackers I'd coerced into wearing my sharks gear.

some dumb bitch found out the score and told everyone with about 20 to go.

exactly one week later I felt better though.:D

spider

Coach
carcharias said:
We had a huge party where I was out numbered 20 -1 by DRagons fans.
bullsh*t - physically out numbered maybe, but clear cut winner on cumulative intelligence!

Latest posts