What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla vs Perth - Virtues, shortcomings and talking in circles.

I think geographically speaking Cronulla add very little to the league. That said, if all goes to plan with their development, they will be one of the most financially self-sufficient teams in the comp and deserve their spot on these grounds alone.
This, along with the new club grants, which cover more than operating costs, means there probably isn't a need to rationalise Sydney any time soon.

Perth is too big of an untapped market to ignore and adds extra timeslots for the benifit of fans and clubs through new TV revenue.

Anyone agree or disagree.

alien

Referee
Perth is too big of an untapped market to ignore and adds extra timeslots for the benifit of fans and clubs through new TV revenue.

Anyone agree or disagree.

I agree! If we want the NRL to be a true national comp, we must have a Perth club and an Adelaide club in the NRL. I don't think it would matter if they were relocations from Sydney, but none of the current NRL clubs would want to relocate, so it would probably have to be new clubs. Maybe West Coast Pirates and Adelaide Bears.

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
I like the idea of the Adelaide Sharks v Port Adelaide Roosters local derby

taipan

Referee
I like the idea of the Adelaide Sharks v Port Adelaide Roosters local derby

I like the idea of me winning Lotto.It won't happen,I don't buy tickets.
The Sutherland Shire is required to build 10,000 new dwellings(including apartments and villas/twonhouses and homes) within the next 5 years,due to population growth, and demand.
You see whilst boundaries may be restricted, population density is not.
And there is still plenty of land available , in the Kurnell peninsula and near Menai.Yet of course to get any sort of approval.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Even have a myth mascot, a dragon, that some pommy killed.

Sharks are real apex preditors, St.George and his dragons are a myth.......Like the the name.

Bullshit place, bullshit mascot.

siv

First Grade
Even have a myth mascot, a dragon, that some pommy killed.

Sharks are real apex preditors, St.George and his dragons are a myth.......Like the the name.

Bullshit place, bullshit mascot.

And the best place in the world to visit one is off the Adelaide beaches

Just like they did in Jaws

taipan

Referee
And the best place in the world to visit one is off the Adelaide beaches

Just like they did in Jaws

Visit being the operative word. Think Ballina and Byron Bay beg to differ.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Perhaps you are unaware of Shark island, just off Cronulla, not myths, real.

But hey go vote in St George. Then vote into mythical land for a dragon.

WireMan

Bench
Actually St George was a real man, Dragons still exist on the island of komodo.
I grant you sharks are real but what is a cronulla?
For that reason it needs to be relocated. ;)

taipan

Referee
The club is actually called the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks.
Cronulla a derivation from the aboriginal name Kuranulla meaning pink beach shells.
Sutherland there are a number of possibilities.One of which is in honour of Forby Sutherland in 1770 one of Cap/n Cook's crew in Botany Bay,who died at Kurnell.

The Sutherland Shire is surrounded by water ocean ,bays,rivers and estuaries.The people thus have an affinity with the water, as do sharks.Putting it in civilised terms"We ain't moving anywhere,anytime soon."

I'd suggest the St George Dragons , who have little affinity with Komodo dragons, with one exception ,they are messy eaters .

For that very reason,I'd recommend to the ARLC the Dragons be relocated to Komodo Island,so their players can learn to how to evade real dragons.

WireMan

Bench
If St George should move to komodo then the sharks should relocate to the sea.
Plus cronulla is basically one big misappropriation of aboriginal culture so should definately be relocated to the ocean or just scrapped altogether in these enlightened times.

Marlins

Juniors
- Wests Tigers to Perth
Western Tigers :tiger:
- Sydney Roosters to Central Coast
East coast Roosters :chicken:
- NSB buy out Titans
North Coast Bears/GC :bear:
- drop Manly to NSWCup or anywhere else
- introduce Adelaide Pandas :panda_face:
- Souths, Komodos, Sharks all take 2-4 games a year to SFS.
- expand comp to 18 teams with
Redcliffe Dolphins :dolphin: or Ipswich Jets
& Christchurch Bulls

taipan

Referee
If St George should move to komodo then the sharks should relocate to the sea.
Plus cronulla is basically one big misappropriation of aboriginal culture so should definately be relocated to the ocean or just scrapped altogether in these enlightened times.

Kurnell part of the Sutherland Shire, birthplace of the nation. First contact with Indigenous Australians.
Residents' qualifications, ability to swim.Place of historical significance.
Scenery:bikinis and surf, national park.

St George area.
Birthplace of St George Leagues club.
Scenery:aircraft taking off from Mascot and Brighton (a non surfing beach).
History 11 consec.grand final wins, nothing else of significance.Living on past glories, like many a politician.
Better opportunities on Komodo Island .Relocation ready.