What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CROWD AT THE FOOTY SHOW

dimitri

First Grade
what a whopper of a crowd on the gold coast

the central coast cant even get capacity crowds for football games let alone the footy show

GIVE THE LICENCE TO THE GOLD COAST DOLPHINS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:!: :!: :!:

Macca

Coach
I can't believe I agree with this bloke. That will ruin all your GC Sharks plans Dimi.

dimitri

First Grade
unlike the city-country origin

wheras Gold Coast got a bigger attendances to their trial matches

CC should be ashamed of themselves

Le Rouge

Juniors
dimitri said:

The Largest crowds for City Country in recent times have been at the Central Coast.

I've been told by people who went to that GC trial match that people were handing out tickets at the gate.

OK Crowds the main criteria for a team in the NRL
then piss off Souths, Canberra, Melbourne, Manly, Parramatta and anyother team that has got blow the 15000+ that the Central Coast got :roll:

And i didn't know that the crowd you get for the footy show was also part of the criteria to have a team in the NRL. :? :? :? :?

dimitri

First Grade
never said it was

but it sure is an indication of how much the GC people want a team

DIEHARD

----
Cue all the cry baby Bears / Central Coast fans. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO THE GOLD COAST DOLPHINS!!! :D

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Fatty Vauntin's questions to Sly Stallone were possibly the most embarrassing thing I have ever experienced. Cultural cringe at it's worse.

JK

Le Rouge said:
dimitri said:

The Largest crowds for City Country in recent times have been at the Central Coast.

Well DIR!

It has the biggest capacity of the stadiums the C-C match has recently been played at.

What a silly argument!

DJ1

Juniors
Le Rouge said:
dimitri said:

I've been told by people who went to that GC trial match that people were handing out tickets at the gate.

Absolute rubbish! No-one was handing out tickets at the gate. Carrara stadium is not a place that gets any walk by traffic anyway. If you are there, you went there for a reason.

Bring on the Dolphins!

Moggles

Juniors
DJ1 said:
Le Rouge said:
dimitri said:

Absolute rubbish! No-one was handing out tickets at the gate. Carrara stadium is not a place that gets any walk by traffic anyway. If you are there, you went there for a reason.

Bring on the Dolphins!

There would not be any person walking past the Stadium. Unless ofcourse a big group Tir-athletes or marathon runners came past..

DIEHARD

----
Yea the Central Coast beat a whole host of dinky country towns to achieve the largest City v Country crowd. Wow! Here is your trophy!

You still couldn't sell out NSW City v Country and if it was in the Gold Coast it would have!

YOU ARE A JOKE BEARS!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
dimitri said:
the central coast cant even get capacity crowds for football games let alone the footy show

The Footy Show on the Central Coast was sold out within a couple of hours so how isn't it capacity?

But about the crowd at Gold Coast, it was huge and very lively.

woodgers

Bench
One thing has been overlooked here. The Footy show is up in QLD once a year or so, therefore people would travel to be part of it and it would have been a major event for the place.
The Central Coast is a short train ride to watch it in Sydney, I certainly know a few people on the Coast who have travelled up to go to the footy show. Therefore when it is put in Gosford it wouldn't generate the same excitment. Add to the fact the Central Coast would have a fair population of Bears fans who wouldn't dream or watching that Manly nitwit Fatty and I can see why there would be a difference in crowd.

I can't see how you would judge something on a Footy show crowd, the show is crap and barely mentions footy so why would a league enthusiast go?

miccle

Bench
The key point there is that sydney is just a short train ride away. A journey between one and three hours, and you could be at 8 NRL games on any given weekend. What about the GC people who hate the broncos? Gosford is effectively greater sydney anyway. The bears fans have been out in force crying, and why? Because they now realise it will be the GC dolphins getting the nod, if anything