What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly, roosters and penrith being in the top 4 greatly disappointed if they got top 4 level crowds instead of sub 10k/less than 15k for majority of season crowds would be greater.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Well we're in the last week of NRL action and crowd wise 2014 has been a dismal failure. Besides ofcourse a small handful of games and the Brisbane Broncos crowds...

Dismal failure? Not much growth unfortunately and too many crowds under 10000 but hardly a dismal failure.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Storm will get 24k I reckon.

There is like 4m people in Melbourne.

80k at MCG still leaves 3.92m

And you could probably still get home to watch afl Q4

Storm unlucky coming up against Hawks v Cats - always the best AFL match of the season. Most Victorians not at that match will want to watch on TV. Just under 20K I reckon.
If Storm get a home final Week 1 let's hope they get the scheduling right.
MCG will host AFL again Friday night, but the other AFL final is unlikely to involve any Vic clubs so anytime besides Friday night could mean a bumper crowd for Storm.

Billythekid

First Grade
We'll end up just behind last year, not exactly a disaster. Hopefully next year is better, the ARLC has had plenty of time to get things together now. Memberships are massively on the rise so they really need to show something for it in the next few years. It might help if the teams at the top actually got some decent crowds as well. If the teams on top of the ladder are at the bottom of the table in terms of crowds it makes things difficult.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No it's not a disaster but it is yet another year of no substantial growth in NRL crowds. Sixth year in a row in fact. I really thought with a $billion, no news ltd, no gallop and the game finally back to running itself we would have seen positive movement. The NRL looks no different at the moment than three years ago in all honesty.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Parra showing improvement in crowds and memberships despite failure year after year on the field,these other clubs need to wake up to themselves,there a disgrace and bringing everyone down.

Brutus

Referee
No it's not a disaster but it is yet another year of no substantial growth in NRL crowds. Sixth year in a row in fact. I really thought with a $billion, no news ltd, no gallop and the game finally back to running itself we would have seen positive movement. The NRL looks no different at the moment than three years ago in all honesty.

Gone backwards since 2005.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I've given up on the NRL achieving any sort of growth target for crowds. How can the NRL expect this from clubs when scheduling is as sh*t as it is and the focus is all on TV. May as well come back to this thread when the current TV deal is finished

Canard

Immortal
I've given up on the NRL achieving any sort of growth target for crowds. How can the NRL expect this from clubs when scheduling is as sh*t as it is and the focus is all on TV. May as well come back to this thread when the current TV deal is finished

Article on today's Age website stating the same issues happening in the other code.

TV is having a massive effect on all codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts