What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutch

First Grade
Afl and union crowds have fallen by more than the nrl in a decade, seems to escape any mention in the press though.

Rodney

Juniors
AFL has introduced 2 new expansions, not a fair comparison.
Union dosen't get mentioned because its fallen off the radar. The domestic competition is barely worth mentioning anymore unless we're winning.

t-ba

Post Whore
The floggers have a smaller aggregate with their expansion clubs included. A smaller aggregate on 22 additional games.

Flapper

First Grade
And it's totally a fair comparison. No one forced them to plonk a team where nobody gives a f**k about AFL.

elbusto

Coach
AFL has introduced 2 new expansions, not a fair comparison.
Union dosen't get mentioned because its fallen off the radar. The domestic competition is barely worth mentioning anymore unless we're winning.

The fall in AFL has been in Melbourne and this year it was significant. They were saved by the growth in Adelaide. I am pretty sure crowds in Melbourne dropped by 250000.

Actual details are:

up 348000 in SA
up 42000 in Sydney
up 11000 in Brisbane
Flat lined in WA
Dropped 336000 in Melbourne

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Anything over 30k will be great tonight. 30k will mean a great atmosphere and it will also look good on TV.

azza29

Juniors
The fall in AFL has been in Melbourne and this year it was significant. They were saved by the growth in Adelaide. I am pretty sure crowds in Melbourne dropped by 250000.

Changes to the ticketing caused prices to rocket up for high-drawing games, add some terrible scheduling decisions, and the punters said "no thanks I'll watch it on TV".

Storm crowds have been interesting to watch this year - average definitely down on last year (14k vs 16k) but this should get a small boost after Friday's game. Seems like the GA areas are usually full but the higher priced tickets are mostly selling to members. They should bring the GA price down to $20 for any game that isn't against the Broncos or Warriors, and change Cat 3 seats to GA.

RWB

Bench
Honestly 25k would be handstands at NRL I reckon

Vibe isn't huge. For some reason

Game doesn't really mean a whole lout outside of the rivalry & it's expected to rain. The most likely outcome is that we'll be playing Souths again next week anyway.

Manly losing last week would've been awesome for this game but unfortunately 25k looks like it might be a good crowd. They still haven't opened the upper east stand yet for sales.

Funny how much criticism the 27k on Thursday night Round 1 copped in our prior clash. Now I think most people would accept that as a success.

oikee

Juniors
Got a funny feeling this game will be huge. Whatever the crowd is will be doubled if they meet again during the finals, and i bet it rates it's socks off for channel nine.
All the games this weekend look good. Cant wait.
I will say it again, Sydney needs purpose built stadium for our code. We are killing our 30 thousand fans atmosphere, and the code is letting the game down right in our major city heartland. We need a 55 thousand Suncorp in Sydney.

pHyR3

Juniors
Game doesn't really mean a whole lout outside of the rivalry & it's expected to rain. The most likely outcome is that we'll be playing Souths again next week anyway.

Manly losing last week would've been awesome for this game but unfortunately 25k looks like it might be a good crowd. They still haven't opened the upper east stand yet for sales.

Funny how much criticism the 27k on Thursday night Round 1 copped in our prior clash. Now I think most people would accept that as a success.

season opener isnt the same as a game where the two teams will play each other next week. and potentially again in the GF.

morley101

Juniors
THe upper east stand for tonight is now open for sales for tonight.

Currently on Ticketek saying General Admin allocation exhausted

Last edited:

morley101

Juniors
I would say > 30K.... depends on how many ticketed members show up.

I could be cynical but it might just a move to make it the crowd look a bit bigger, with a couple of thousand in the upper desk facing the cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.