What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowds for the World Cup

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Someone please make this a sticky so we can updated it and work out the average?

PNG vs England - 10,780
Scotland vs France - 9,287
Australia vs NZ - 34,157
Tonga vs Ireland - 6,165
Samoa vs Tonga - 11,787
France vs Fiji - 9,213
PNG vs Kiwis - 11,278
Australia vs England - 36,297
Ireland v Samoa - 8,602
Scotland v Fiji - 9,720
Tonga vs Scotland - 5,913 (Sold Out)
NZ vs England - 15,145
France v Samoa - Penrith - 8,028
PNG v Australia - Townsville - 16,239

Average: 13,758

Last edited:

mikdalton

Juniors
I think it shows that as some of us thought they are a ballpark figure but they are being effected by things like the Rebel sports free tickets and things like that.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
that number looks very generous... I have never seen Dairy Farmers that empty, would be interesting to know NQ lowest ever crowd there..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was expecting a decent crowd too, considering Townsville's huge support up there and it wasn't live. But I'd say with PNG's great effort in this game, we can expect a much bigger crowd at Skilled Park.

Dont know what theyre expecting for tommorow's game down in Canberra. Anything around 10,000 is decent.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Given the crowds that turned up to watch 3 nothing games in the 2003 union world cup at the same venue, at the same time of year in the same weather (~avg 19,000) I am asking myself some questions.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Tickets were f**king expensive as well though.

Talking 40 odd bucks for category b!!

At the league or the union? If union, what do you think, as a Townsville resident, was the explaination for the difference in crowds? The prestige of the tournament, admitting that the union version has more prestige at present compared to the league version? Japanese toursists, seeing the three union games featured Japan?

No way in hell were there 25k.

St.John

Juniors
At the league or the union? If union, what do you think, as a Townsville resident, was the explaination for the difference in crowds? The prestige of the tournament, admitting that the union version has more prestige at present compared to the league version? Japanese toursists, seeing the three union games featured Japan?

No way in hell were there 25k.

It wasn't directed at me, I know, but Union typically blow us off the park in promotion. I think they also have a system that you have to buy tickets for the low key matches to get access to the higher profile ones - I may be wrong on that though.

jc155776

Coach
I am talking Rugby league prices, way to expensive.

As well as that, NO PROMOTION AT ALL.

I am talking NOTHING.

I am a league die hard so I went.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
It wasn't directed at me, I know, but Union typically blow us off the park in promotion. I think they also have a system that you have to buy tickets for the low key matches to get access to the higher profile ones - I may be wrong on that though.

Yeah agreed. While the games themselves might've been boring but they way the ARU promoted the RUWC was top notch. In saying that everything seemed to fall into place for them at the time and there's no way they'd be able to pull off a success like that again anytime soon.

Latest posts