What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current List of Raiders Contracted Players for 2014- Updated 7/11/13

aussies1st

Staff member
Sadly we couldn't offer him a starting spot which he could well get at the Roosters. With the emergence of Sami he makes up for the loss of Cheesburgers

Timbo

Staff member
Updated re: Logan.

2010 shapes up as a retention nightmare.

Just having a look back through this history of this thread (which is almost 5 years old!) there is actually a post in the middle where someone - who shall remain nameless - 7 off contract players that they would like to see re-signed in order, and proceede to list Terry Martin, Bronx Goodwin, Ben Jones, Marshall Chalk and Jermaine Ale as being more important to the club's future than [wait for it] Terry Campese...

It's funny how things work out in footy...

Last edited:

shear_joy9

Coach

clubs will certainly true to snatch dugan and brett kelly:sarcasm:

-One of herbert and mccrone will be let go
-Kelly, Turner and Huihahau will go
-One possibly two, of tilse, thurling and thompson will be let go I think

The rest should be resigned.

skeepe

Immortal
clubs will certainly true to snatch dugan and brett kelly:sarcasm:

-One of herbert and mccrone will be let go
-Kelly, Turner and Huihahau will go
-One possibly two, of tilse, thurling and thompson will be let go I think

The rest should be resigned.

Turner has already gone. He retired.

Why the f**k would you get rid of Tilse? Unless you have something against players at the club who are the best in their position?

I sometimes wonder whether you actually watch any games.

shear_joy9

Coach
Turner has already gone. He retired.

Why the f**k would you get rid of Tilse? Unless you have something against players at the club who are the best in their position?

I sometimes wonder whether you actually watch any games.

I mean canberra may be unable to re-sign him; his market value will be pretty high

Cryptic

Juniors
Updated re: Logan.

Just having a look back through this history of this thread (which is almost 5 years old!) there is actually a post in the middle where someone - who shall remain nameless - 7 off contract players that they would like to see re-signed in order, and proceede to list Terry Martin, Bronx Goodwin, Ben Jones, Marshall Chalk and Jermaine Ale as being more important to the club's future than [wait for it] Terry Campese...

It's funny how things work out in footy...

I haven't looked for the post but to be fair Campese was a late starter... His early games were terrible... And I actually wish we still had Chalk... He finally hit some good form just before he left for NRL retirement land...

Any for our current situation and on current form:

Justin Carney - Resign
Josh Dugan - Resign
Shaun Fensom - Depends on form
Marc Herbert - Bulk up and make a utility player?
Sam Huihahau - Depends on form
Cy Lasscock - Depends on form
Scott Logan - I'm guessing retiring
Brett Kelly - Nooooooooooooooooo
Josh McCrone - Resign
Mick Picker - Depends on form
Troy Thompson - Resign
Trevor Thurling - Resign
Dane Tilse - Resign
Alan Tongue - Resign
Glen Turner - Hopefully retiring...
Daniel Vidot - Resign

legend

Coach
Turner is gone and Kelly, Huihahau and Logan won't be there past 2010. Troy Thompson will be let go, Tongue will be the ten year vet on an exemption. I think this will save us around 600-800k.

Either Mc Crone or Herbert willbe released. I think the club should keep Tilse and Thurling over Thompson. I think we'll be ok so long as Dugan, Carney and Vidot are retained.

canberraraida

Juniors
i see carney as more of utility rather then herbert i think carney would be a utility hes build for most positions size of hooker,strength of backrow and speed of a back

Timbo

Staff member
Carney is waaay too good a winger to turn into a utility.

I'd not like him to go the way of Chalk, who was a great PL fullback and was ruined by shoving him into the backrow.

aussies1st

Staff member
Agree can't believe Chalk went from scoring 4 tries against Souths to a utility. More work on his handling rather than becoming a forward could have been the better way to go.

Signed Reece Robinson -22years old.
A Bronco in 08 and played for North Sydney in 09 and topped the try scoring in that comp.

aussies1st

Staff member
Good depth signing, he did alright for the Broncos in attack but IIRC his defence was a bit suspect.

Latest posts