What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curtis Rona, Brenko Lee & Darcy Lussick All approached!

ALSGI

Bench
Would take Rona in heart beat. Don't mind Brenko apart from his obvious shortcomings, he's been the only positive in what is the worst dogs side I've seen. IMO not a good fit with us though, considering how vulnerable our edges can be.
Darcy is agro Ryles MKII. He can f**k right off...
Yep that's what I was thinking about Darcy, strong and passionate but stupid and costly like Ryles.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
We won't get any of them. Millward was adamant that no front rowers out there right now fit the criteria.. So that rules out Lussick.

We're covered in the centres, Brenko would be such a waste of money.

Rona would be amazing, but i'd say the Tigers are looking likely to pick him up. They have been talking about him for months.

mickeylane

Bench
You guys are forgetting it's mickeylane who started this thread. Don't get too excited.
Every player I've ever divulged we have formally approached or failed to sign. Never far off..Not guaranteeing we will sign anyone of them but our club has most probably enquirer about them.

Guarantee we will sign a centre/winger and prop for sure! Brenko Lee would be great!

Mickeylane at his best.

I call BS.

Rona wants to stay with the rah rah's said so himself.

If the Dogs toss the Morris brothers they will keep lee and he is a turd.

Lussick is a dumb shit no thanks.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
Lussick is terrible. If he's not giving away a stupid penalty then he is making a stupid error. I don't really know what he offers. Nothing in attack and maybe one big hit a game, which would probably be head high anyway.

Life's Good

Coach
Lussick - Hothead softc*ck. No
Lee - Skillful & big body. Maybe
Rona - Tryscorer. Yes
Latu - Yes.
Like I commented in JA we will miss the ones we want because we only move quick on signing underperforming coaches.

Would prefer to give Garrick, Isaac Thompson/Lomax/Herbert/Sailor & Co the opportunity.

Garrick/Thompson and Lomax have size and speed.

Sailor is mercurial and will force Mann out of the squad within 2 years. May well pass Field within 6 months.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
With all these rumours currently floating around about who we've reportedly approached, one could be forgiven for thinking our season is over :thinking:

Red V,
It's a trend our illustrious premiership-winning coach started back in 2011. We only play fair dinkum up to the Origin series. Then the only thing for fans to look forward to is who we're going to pick up for the next season. It's the only part of Bennett's golden era that remains. Forget tight defence, good tactical kicking and sweeping backline plays. Some teams recover from Origin but we don't!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
We need height, pace and strength.. Rona and Lee 6'4 each, strong, fast, tackle Brewers and try scoring machines both of them..

Our backline is made up of midgets and weaklings ( Aitken, MANN, Nightingale, Dufty) all small and none threatening - can only carry one of these backs IMo .. Think a backline of :

Have you not watched the last few weeks with Dufty at fullback? Not threatening? Mate. Dufty is dangerous every time he touches the ball. He is busting tackles and breaking the line at will.
As is Mann. As I recall he was our top try scorer last year. Not threatening? Don't think so.

Nightingale is getting on but he is busting more tackles than some of our forwards.
Aitken isn't weak at all, he's a f**king tank.

I admire you getting excited about possible recruits and I agree that we're probably short a winger and another back with serious pace, but don't make outrageous statements like that which are just blatantly untrue.

getsmarty

Immortal
We need height, pace and strength.. Rona and Lee 6'4 each, strong, fast, tackle Brewers and try scoring machines both of them..

Our backline is made up of midgets and weaklings ( Aitken, MANN, Nightingale, Dufty) all small and none threatening - can only carry one of these backs IMo .. Think a backline of :

Dufty
Mcdonald
Lafai
Lee
Rona

WIDDOP
HUNT

that backline will score 600 points in a season on its ear!!

We need a decent coach even more.

Como Connection

First Grade
Would prefer to give Garrick, Isaac Thompson/Lomax/Herbert/Sailor & Co the opportunity.

Garrick/Thompson and Lomax have size and speed.

Sailor is mercurial and will force Mann out of the squad within 2 years. May well pass Field within 6 months.
From the right centre position?
CC