What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CYA Hookesy

I truly wish death upon the bouncers of the place I was talking about before...that place will remain nameless!

And that's me at my calm, rational best!

Anonymous

Juniors
And that's your choice, SS. Let's just make sure we don't organize to put bounties on their heads - jokingly or not - on this forum, eh? ;-)

And that's your choice, SS. Let's just make sure we don't organize to put bounties on their heads - jokingly or not - on this forum, eh?

Well it's very clearly a joke so I think we can let the over-moderating cease, eh?
Especially from you of all people!

BTW If people dont like what I'm about they can hit the ignore button.

Anonymous

Juniors
Over moderating? Come on man. I didn't moderate a thing, I'm just trying to change the direction this thread was going in...

I know its a joke, but hey, better to nip it at the bud before it gets out of hand and I have to lock the thread eh? I'm trying to be lenient here, and not go hacking up posts willy nilly.. but if that's what you'd rather then I'm happy to oblige.

Booyah

Bench
Come on Girls. This thread is supposed to be about messages of sincerity and condolence towards Hookes and the blokes poor family.

Not petty squabbling about over-moderation or deciding to which bouncers are the worst (for the record Coogee have the worst Bouncers in Sydney. They beat up more then any in Sydney. Go down and check out the Palace and have a peek and look at the size of 'em).

So come on, talk about Hookes or shut up and get out.

Shark

Bench
Yeah, I'm feeling a bit silly, and mixed up about all this.

Getting mad and wound up doesn't really help anyone, certainly not David's family.

This sports forum is a good way to share your memories of a sporting bloke at a time like this. And in a way I guess that's the most important thing.

But by F*CK I hope Reefy is right. Come to think of it, I have heard all the stories about what really goes on inside prisons. I'll bet there are plenty of 'lifers' inside who would have watched Hookesy at games in his heyday. I'll bet these blokes also hate cowardly thugs...I hope they treat them the same way they treat the child molesters. Basically I hope that before they split his head open on the concrete in the excercise yard, they butt-f&ck him stupid 10 times a day for a few years first.

So I'm angry. So what? These blokes, the whole 'crowd control' industry, they're all poor excuses of human beings. Actually, human is not a fit word to describe them.

And before anyone tells me not to 'tar them all with the same brush', I will say that I have NEVER met a bouncer/crowd controller/security guard/whatever who has made me feel safe. Every single one of them that I have ever dealt with has been a poor excuse, a wannabe copper. They've all applied to the cops. Rejected. The Army. No, sorry. The Correctional Service. Why, so they can beat up on people whenever they like? No, sorry, we know your game. Nick off, loser.

So they end up on the door of a nightclub. Playing up to the girls and muscling up on the blokes. Or at a footy game, looking tough in their hi-vis vests, talking into their sleeves like they are some important CIA presidential bodyguard.

The best security I have EVER arranged was a few years back at the Mt Panorama races. I was working for the race promoter, and we needed to ensure a trouble-free area where families could camp without fear of being run over in the middle of the night, or being hassled by blokes full of ink.

We got the Motorcycle Council of Australia to run the campground. Sure, we had the odd administrative problem, but there was no bloody trouble, and the families loved it. A new promoter came along and ceased that arrangement. Put a whole bunch of green-vested blokes in there. There's been nothing BUT trouble ever since.

The ledger WILL be squared, Hookesy.

Anonymous

Juniors
ShireShark said:
And that's your choice, SS. Let's just make sure we don't organize to put bounties on their heads - jokingly or not - on this forum, eh?

Well it's very clearly a joke so I think we can let the over-moderating cease, eh?
Especially from you of all people!

BTW If people dont like what I'm about they can hit the ignore button.
The ignore button only works for people who dont like you. Casual observers who love your work can transmit it anywhere.

But seriously, lets show a bit of respect to the subject matter.
Imagine if you were someone who knows David Hookes and they read a RIP tribute being reduced to gutter talk about bouncer activity in the back alleys of the shire.
Show some style.

SirShire

First Grade
I was hardly getting over excited. I'm just agreeing with BTR about the fact that some people inside would have ago at the bastard if they had the chance.

As for bouncers, well one only has to attend (unfortunately) a Hunters U/18 night to develop a negative opinion on them.

Anonymous

Juniors
As for bouncers, well one only has to attend (unfortunately) a Hunters U/18 night to develop a negative opinion on them.

The one and only time I ever went to Hunters, I was greeted at the door by a bouncer outside the norm. A big jolly islander fellow who was very friendly and wasn't the stereotypical bouncer. Had a yarn with him later in the evening and shook my hand as I left.

Shame they aren't all like that.

SirShire

First Grade
It is a shame Garbo. We didn't have a very good experience there.

As for Hunters, well, my mates begged me to go there and I was not impressed. Full of little girls hooking up and not much fun. No one I know over 18 goes there.