What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daley

edsilly

Juniors
Apart from the fundamental flaws with rugby league in NSW, including the Pacific Islander invasion, the issue with NSW rugby league is that they have no one that own's the game apart from Channel 9! The team is selected on the basis of TV/press/Daily Telegraph pressure in the the vain attempt that the story will sell the game!! Look for as as long as Gallen's & Bird's proverbial point to the ground NSW will not win a Bunnings sausage! Why? Gallen gets the ball twice every set & Bird once and they die with the ball every time! QLD know that & plan for that for the past umpteen years! Why do we consistently support failure? Get rid of the reason & NSW will win! Just no more Gallen, Bird, Channel 9, Channel 9, Tamou, Farah, Maloney, Jennings, Moylan, the left winger, Walker & Daley!! Game 3 is our opportunity to blood the Cartright's, Jack Bird's & as many "creative" players NSW can find! No more Gallen & Bird, they are both myth's!!

My first post on this site was one where I said that NSW would never win a series with Gallen,Bird,Ennis,Pearce and Gidley. When Stuart said that Gallen was the first person he'd choose the next year I knew that NSW would lose that series. The big snook has cost NSW more than he has gained them.

When Gus was talking about "selfish"and "leadership" that "I said shouldn't be there", he meant Gallen. Gus meant that Gallen shouldn't be playing Origin.

The NSW publicity machine built up the inflated image of Gallen as if he were archetypical origin ideal player. No he's just an ill disciplined sook self confessed drug cheat. If there was a alter ego version of The Immortals, like The Abominables, Gallen would be your first choice as The Abominables Captain.

T.T

Juniors
I don't care if its cruel to deny Gallen a send off for game 3. He had his chance tonight and blew it.

He has to be replaced for game 3. What point is there picking him again? You wouldn't pick an injured player so don't pick a mentally disabled one

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
there are some European countries who still practice Exiling people from their country.

Bob Fulton ---> exiled from NSW for life.
We could send him back to his country of birth...

TheFrog

Coach
When Gus was talking about "selfish"and "leadership" that "I said shouldn't be there", he meant Gallen. Gus meant that Gallen shouldn't be playing Origin.

It's not that he shouldn't be playing. He shouldn't be going to first receiver all the time.

And really, he should have retired after 2014. He's been a millstone around the neck of NSW since then. Farah and Bird too.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Coaches
Ricky Stuart
Graham Murray
Craig Bellamy
Laurie Daley

Players
NSW 2006 Game1
Brett Hodgson
Timana Tahu
Matt King
Matt Cooper
Eric Grothe, Jr.
Mark Gasnier
Craig Gower
Willie Mason
Danny Buderus (c)
Luke Bailey
Steve Simpson
Nathan Hindmarsh
Luke O'Donnell

Then many many more after

One constant
Bob Farging Fulton
11 years one series win

#fobozo
f**k Off Bob Fulton
No more random Manly players

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
It's not that he shouldn't be playing. He shouldn't be going to first receiver all the time.

Sterlo pointed this out as well after the Woods half break Gallen sprints into first receiver and plays it to someone but it killed all our momentum from that break. Get a back on the ball f**k Gallen you hog you aren't a ball player or any kind of threat in that situation ffs.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Sterlo pointed this out as well after the Woods half break Gallen sprints into first receiver and plays it to someone but it killed all our momentum from that break. Get a back on the ball f**k Gallen you hog you aren't a ball player or any kind of threat in that situation ffs.

Yeah, in the first half

Now, there's no guarantee NSW would've scored, but he just kills any chance we had and any momentum and you don't get a lot of chances in an origin game but NSW did have their fair share.

His origin career is built around the series' when he was drugged up and cheating.

betcats

Referee
Yeah, in the first half

Now, there's no guarantee NSW would've scored, but he just kills any chance we had and any momentum and you don't get a lot of chances in an origin game but NSW did have their fair share.

His origin career is built around the series' when he was drugged up and cheating.

And lets be realistic he probably racked up all those metres by hogging the ball. I like Gallen and think he has been pretty great at times for NSW but he is a shithouse captain and really needed to be kept on a leash. They guy is probably the worst captain ive seen dealing with refs and also letting his frustration feed into his play which happens to most of the team once the captain starts it.

lynx000

Juniors
The guy that no seems to be mentioning is Ivan Cleary. If I were the NSW selectors (thank god I'm not) I would throw any sentimentality out of the window and treat Game 3 as a trial for next year and blood the players that may have to form the backbone of NSW for the next few years.

The major problem that NSW have is the halves. For the moment they must stick with Maloney and try and build around him, he seems to be the best half they have. Reynolds has to stay if fit. If not, they must pick a genuine halfback and someone that they hope may grow into the role in coming years. If there is any intention to bring Brooks in down the track, this is the perfect opportunity to give him a taste. If not him, go for the club combination and go for Townsend. No way should they select Pearce ever again.

The following should never be selected again: Gallen, Farrah, Bird, Jennings. Those that should be dropped from the third game but not have their cards marked just yet: Tamou, Walker.

NSW have to stop repeating the mistakes of either not selecting their form players or selecting them out of position. Tedesco has to come into fullback. Even if that means Moylan misses out. J. Bird to one centre position. Dugan to the other (if he is not fit then BJ). Forwards to come in: Graham, Cartwright, Ryan James. Peats appears to be the only likely option at this time for hooker and should be given a shot.

big hit!

Bench
The guy that no seems to be mentioning is Ivan Cleary. If I were the NSW selectors (thank god I'm not) I would throw any sentimentality out of the window and treat Game 3 as a trial for next year and blood the players that may have to form the backbone of NSW for the next few years.
no NSW player deserves any sentimentally for mine. not even Gallen.

The major problem that NSW have is the halves. For the moment they must stick with Maloney and try and build around him, he seems to be the best half they have. Reynolds has to stay if fit. If not, they must pick a genuine halfback and someone that they hope may grow into the role in coming years. If there is any intention to bring Brooks in down the track, this is the perfect opportunity to give him a taste. If not him, go for the club combination and go for Townsend. No way should they select Pearce ever again.
pretty hard to start building around Maloney. deserves to be there as he probably the best NSW have got at the mo, but the bloke is in his 30s. future selection is really a stop gap for the time being. NSW are not going to win multiple series in the future with him at the helm.

i agree, Luke Brooks should be looked at. i got laughed down for mentioning him but put him an give him a taste. besides, once wests get rid of the pest farah, brooks will finally start to mature. farah is a hand brake for both brooks and moses, and the tigers generally.

The following should never be selected again: Gallen, Farrah, Bird, Jennings. Those that should be dropped from the third game but not have their cards marked just yet: Tamou, Walker.
jennings has more good football in him. just had a mare of game last night. if there's genuinely a better left centre who will be there for years to come, then select him. otherwise, jennings is still a threat for mine. besides, centre is the hardest position to defend in. many coaches and media tacticians such as sterlo will tell you same.

Gallen, Farah, Bird have to go. Tamou and perhaps Woods need a rocket up their arse and dropping him for game 3 is a good call. Walker might have a future in origin, but the Manly tokenism from Fulton got him selected when he shouldn't have been.

NSW have to stop repeating the mistakes of either not selecting their form players or selecting them out of position. Tedesco has to come into fullback. Even if that means Moylan misses out. J. Bird to one centre position. Dugan to the other (if he is not fit then BJ). Forwards to come in: Graham, Cartwright, Ryan James. Peats appears to be the only likely option at this time for hooker and should be given a shot.

can't replace gallen, bird and tamou with cartwright and graham. different positions and roles on the park. need 6 in the middle all up.....there's Klemmer and Fifita. james should be a yes too. woods could hold his spot. maybe paulo, that's 5. move frizell into the middle and there's the 6. means graham and one of jackson/cartwright can play on the edges.

dubbo teacher

Juniors
One of Qld's best over the decade has been Gallen. No Qld defender has stifled NSW attack like Gal...notice how no halves have succeeded since Gal made side? Coincidence? Don't think so. Getting the ball late in the count with Qld backpeddling and dying with the ball, nobody does it better than our captain. And Farah ffs? Do we now understand why Jason Taylor has been trying to piss him off from Tigers?
Whoever NSW pick in halves next year will be 50% better than any over past 7-8 years due to Gallen and Farah (hopefully) not being there.