What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M awards and the Media

T-Boon

Coach
The Sydney Morning Herald had a quarter page story about 4 pages into the sports section on who won the NRL's offical award for player of the year. I am guessing that the ABC did not mention it at all.

A couple of years ago News Limited agreed to allow 4 or 5 channel nine "journalists" (all ex players with links to News Ltd) join the voting panel. So long as they retained control of the award and it remained the official NRL award ceremony.

Essentially Fairfax and the ABC are completely unwelcome at the official NRL awards night because it is completely controlled by News Ltd.

What is to be done about this?

Brutus

Referee
This has been a beef of mine for a long time.
No chance of it moving from News Ltd with Greenberg in charge. Weak as piss. Dave Smith was our best hope.

T-Boon

Coach
This has been a beef of mine for a long time.
No chance of it moving from News Ltd with Greenberg in charge. Weak as piss. Dave Smith was our best hope.

Yep, Smith was rattling News Ltds cage. Thats why they went after him and got him. He was sorting this code out.

I think that at the very least the RLPA should demand that the whole way that it is voted on gets changed so as that it is voted on by people whose opinion they respect (i.e. no scum journalist or at least no News ltd journalists).

Latest posts