What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M

GongPanther

Referee
I make no secret of the fact i hate the Dally M's. I was out on Wednesday and was positioned to see the screen, really didn't give it my attention at all. However, I had to laugh at the one thing I did pay attention to was beetroot face nearly falling over as he came on stage. Does that happen every year, or just the years I happen to see it???? That Pearce award was disgusting. Seriously, who makes that call? That a field goal is more important than some of the other stuff. Like the formal dinner for example. I might be the only Manly fan that thinks Walker wasn't the best centre. His defence wasn't up to scratch. He missed a lot of tackles. His attack probably was up there though. Completely disagree on Gallen. Not going over it again. I think while Smith probably had a good season, I still feel he scores point just because he is C. Smith. You look at that side and wonder how did he actually get the points so easily before it went behind closed doors with some of the other players around him. I saw most of the Storms games this season.. Cronk, both wingers, and even some of their forwards should have polled a lot higher.

My opinion on beginning to fix it would be to assign points to every player in each game like RLW use to do. But do it in triplicate, and ensure it is impartial. No votes from former club players. And impartial will immediately rules out the refs doing it. Best 20 rounds count, and finals play except the GF. The GF has its own award for best and fairest. If you are suspended, you score half points for that round and it must be counted. Obviously if the suspension is long enough you'll lose points and be out of the running. Its a hard sport to be fit or available every round.
I admire your thinking.We need more of your input.

Diesel

Coach
These awards are more like employee of the month awards handed out at the end of year.
How many of these winners are employed on the Fox league channel?

Latest posts