What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damian Irvine

Matthew Corner

Juniors
With that new development going up and couldn't help but think that this bloke hasn't really got the kudos he deserves for saving the club.

I don't reckon most sharks fans really appreciated his impact on the development and stopping the handout mentality that was around for years.

Inexperience may have got him and trusting a snake but like him or hate him, the bloke got things done.

carcharias

Immortal
won't get any arguments from me.

Maybe his biggest crime is being too passionate about the sharks.

Nice bloke too.

In regards to saving the club, Damian did extremely well, the absolute best anyone could do really.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that he was warned off the grounds by Keogh, i think it was on here. I hope that isnt true.
The ASADA drama was under his watch and he payed the ultimate price but as others ie: the coach and players, have been forgiven (by some) and let back into the fold, so should he be welcome at anytime to a Sharks game.

(will this thread bring millers in from the offseason?)

cb4

First Grade
Warned off the grounds was probably the nicest thing that was done to him. He has had some disgusting things happen to him before he went overseas.

Him and his board are the reasons we have a club and a white knight for 99 years*.

Will always get the kudos from me.

When he came in didn't the Club have a flawed development plan?

Didn't he have the balls to get it changed to what it is today?

If we had more passionate supporters like him the Club would never have gotten into the mess it did.

Last edited:
Warned off the grounds was probably the nicest thing that was done to him. He has had some disgusting things happen to him before he went overseas.

Him and his board are the reasons we have a club and a white knight for 99 years*.

Will always get the kudos from me.

Did not know that, bloody shame. Care to share some examples?

One time I was with my little fella at Darling Harbour, Damo was there and we were chattin away and my boy decided that he was going to get soaked in that water par by hook or by crook.
Anyway he got drenched and I had no towel but Damo had a couple for his girls and gave me one and made his girls share the other.
To me he is a very good, selfless man. I hope the best for him in everything he does.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolute gentleman with a massive heart. Loves the sharks. Good to see he's going well in the UK.

Card Shark

Immortal
Inexperience may have got him and trusting a snake but like him or hate him, the bloke got things done.

Snake, as in Rothfield?

Not many know the personal sacrifices Damo put in for the club, often at the expense of his own family. I don't know much either but I knew of some & it's amazing.

He is the true saviour of our club & will forever be the man in my eyes.

He literally laid the foundations for our survival.

taipan

Referee
Yep he has got to be one of the main reasons the Sharks ,are on solid ground with a long healthy financial future.
Getting the development approved was as good as any decision I have witnessed in rugby league for a long time.Foresight and guts.

he's blocked me on twitter. so there's that. i have never outwardly abused him, made fair critical points. you cant text. say or intimate horse drugs to a gossip columnist like buzz redface and keep your gig. had to go.

There's definietly no sharks without him.
wolf wasn't at the door. it was in the house. but he and his team got the development stuff done and crucially the upfront payment. without that theres no team.

but.

under his management, we had the ASADA thing.
cannot be overlooked. which is why it is ridiculous that Flanagan is still the coach but whatever.

he also made influential enemies. and they did him in, it would appear.

But a good sharks man. who like all good sharks men, end up getting the sword in the end.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Did not know that, bloody shame. Care to share some examples?

One time I was with my little fella at Darling Harbour, Damo was there and we were chattin away and my boy decided that he was going to get soaked in that water par by hook or by crook.
Anyway he got drenched and I had no towel but Damo had a couple for his girls and gave me one and made his girls share the other.
To me he is a very good, selfless man. I hope the best for him in everything he does.

Verbal and written threats.

Dead animals in his letter box.

Threats from a current player.

carinashark

First Grade
Irvine' passion got us through when others just who should have worked harder just stood by and watched.A very near thing from what I have heard.

Irvine' passion got us through when others just who should have worked harder just stood by and watched.A very near thing from what I have heard.

I'm far removed from any inner crowd , but from the outside it seemed like he "Had a real go",when others sat back and sniped.Sharks survived,and are going to kick arse in 2016 (2017, ) so he must have done something right.

Matthew Corner

Juniors
I used to post under a different name.......
That name got banned cause of ASADA.

Hindsight, perspective, wisdom, booze, ............whatever.......if Keogh was warning him off it was because he was threatened. Keogh is just a basketballer....nothing more ...nothing less.....never took a hit in his life....Damian Keogh has made many poor choices but loves the power.

Irvine was all about the club

Card Shark

Immortal
he's blocked me on twitter. so there's that. i have never outwardly abused him, made fair critical points. you cant text. say or intimate horse drugs to a gossip columnist like buzz redface and keep your gig. had to go.

There's definietly no sharks without him.
wolf wasn't at the door. it was in the house. but he and his team got the development stuff done and crucially the upfront payment. without that theres no team.

but.

under his management, we had the ASADA thing.
cannot be overlooked. which is why it is ridiculous that Flanagan is still the coach but whatever.

he also made influential enemies. and they did him in, it would appear.

But a good sharks man. who like all good sharks men, end up getting the sword in the end.

Pretty fair comment RCB.

However, how could a Sharks man like Rothfield shit on his team like he does, even if he doesn't like a particular person.

Answer = he's not a true supporter. He's a f**king cat!!

Latest posts