What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook - Reserved

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think Sutton can still play. I just don't think he can play 80 minutes like Crichton. We should just blood fuimaono next game to give him a rest. Burgess twins play ridiculously short minutes too which doesn't help the rest of the forwards.

Sutto to play off the bench if he stays next season.
I think you're looking at it the wrong way too shadow. If we clear out our juniors we're not even gonna get that much money out of it. It's better you clear out the players who are on big money and underperforming. George Burgess, tom Burgess, probably don't resign Sutton. This way you can have cherrington, Rochow as depth players and buy forwards like graham, Hess, kaufusi that are playing much bigger minutes and have better stats than the Burgess boys. You could also have money to spend on the outside backs to buy a solid centre and a solid winger.
Yep it could be time to cut the twins.

Rochow and Cherrington are fine as depth players!!!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
SSTID these 4 should not be in a souths1st grade team together under any circumstances: talakai,jennings,burns,and hunt these 4 players would never get a gig in a broncs cows or a storm jumper in their current back lines today .! ......aj only plays well consistently off a souths 2014 stacked side FACT!! we got too many unqualified young backs and too many over the hill and unqualified 1st grade forward players in our 2017 team .!! I am seeing the right way mate thats why we are on 10th position and more than likely we will be on 12th when the broncs slaughter us .! R20 CAN SEE IT!!!!!!..Shadow.....we are in a giant mess but so many on here cant see it we brought wrong and recruited poorly and got rid of the wrong players since 2014 .!... i can see very clearly where others cant .....Shadow....

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
jennings and burns are not souths juniors and are not up to 1st grade standard if we keep with these 2 plus talakai whom is a souths junior we shall remain with a mediocre back line even with hunt and gray returning we are still mediocre hopefully you can see that and happy easter SSTID ......Shadow

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i am wild why souths let this happen what on earth are they thinking our team is shiiiit fug me what shiiiit recruitment players manager we have elected he is worse than our last recruitment manager grant dud clueless no idea jones, sack him ffs its a joke why on earth are we so down on genuine 1st grade players in our 2017 25 man squad its so laughable from a concerned SSTID FAN/MEMBER??....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
im on a roll r20 can you feel it.....its almost lunch time thank god we have asian cuisine left overs from yesterday yummy....Shadow...come join us mate heaps here....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Shadow I understand your frustration. 2014 we were the most dominant team in the competition by the end of the season. Putting manly and the roosters to the sword by 20,30 points. Now we are struggling to beat a reserve grade Penrith side. I am almost certain we are looking at recruiting outside backs and at least a forward or two. I think Reynolds has been playing quite poorly though and that's a big problem because we haven't been able to score any tries. Our outside backs are only young guys too they arent professionals like Goodwin is. Young talakai is playing out of position and Jennings has a lot to work on defensive wise. Give it a few years and these kids could really impress you. Burns especially I think has a massive future ahead of him. They need to work on things outside of first grade though. I'll tell you one thing though they're no where near as bad as Nielsen, reddy, olive.

Last edited:

Rsag85

Bench
greinke - bennett cuts him loose that should tell you something?

I'm just going to single out a little bit of your comment.

First with a question have you seen him play? Yes or no answer.

Also why getting so called cut from a club that's not giving you a chance in first grade makes you a dud play?

Is it because of Bennett cut him? If so what about Ash Taylor?

I've seen other players not get a chance at first grade at one club but make it in another. Nathan Brown for example didn't really get a chance at the Tigers but made a name for himself at our club.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Shadow I understand your frustration. 2014 we were the most dominant team in the competition by the end of the season. Putting manly and the roosters to the sword by 20,30 points. Now we are struggling to beat a reserve grade Penrith side. I am almost certain we are looking at recruiting outside backs and at least a forward or two. I think Reynolds has been playing quite poorly though and that's a big problem because we haven't been able to score any tries. Our outside backs are only young guys too they arent professionals like Goodwin is. Young talakai is playing out of position and Jennings has a lot to work on defensive wise. Give it a few years and these kids could really impress you. Burns especially I think has a massive future ahead of him. They need to work on things outside of first grade though. I'll tell you one thing though they're no where near as bad as Nielsen, reddy, olive.

mate give it a few years you say are you serious?? try telling bennett green and bellamy that they would not put up with that rot....look at bennett he buys premierships for example he buys blair then buys milford and sims and mead and roberts and now bird do you think waiting a few years would be bennetts plan to win a premiership absolutely not mate.these coaches want fast results and so should madge fug its a nightmare.....Shadow....

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I'm just going to single out a little bit of your comment.

First with a question have you seen him play? Yes or no answer.

Also why getting so called cut from a club that's not giving you a chance in first grade makes you a dud play?

Is it because of Bennett cut him? If so what about Ash Taylor?

I've seen other players not get a chance at first grade at one club but make it in another. Nathan Brown for example didn't really get a chance at the Tigers but made a name for himself at our club.

?.....Shadow....

Rsag85

Bench
With the cap going up it seems the Dragons are getting themselves in some order.

As for Souths well who knows what's going on!!!!!!!!!

In my personal opinion R20 I don't think the problem is the players, in my opinion it's the style and the way we have been coached most of the guys don't have the freedom to off load or to use the ball. Madge even told McInnes not to play what's in front of him just play simple footy.
Do you remember back when Sutto was offloading the ball all the time. Has he done that lately? Not really right. We play a simple game plan. Which needs to change.

Rabbits20

Immortal
In my personal opinion R20 I don't think the problem is the players, in my opinion it's the style and the way we have been coached most of the guys don't have the freedom to off load or to use the ball. Madge even told McInnes not to play what's in front of him just play simple footy.
Do you remember back when Sutto was offloading the ball all the time. Has he done that lately? Not really right. We play a simple game plan. Which needs to change.
I see what you're saying.

I read something today where Turner said Sam takes the majority of hit ups in the middle and Turner takes the left overs which I imagine is inbetween the backs doing shit work. Madge shouldn't be limiting when Turner can run. He should just let him play.

Madge is far too over structured and tbh whatever he's doing needs changing. He's going to lose his job I predict.

On McInnes I stand by my view.

Another point is Madge seems to be limiting when Cook can run which isn't right either.

I think it's a combo of poor coaching and players who aren't up to it. Imo Talakai should be a back rower. Jennings has been woeful. Etc..........

Latest posts