What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook - Reserved

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
nearly every team are putting themselves in order except for souths it seems like strange days ahead i guess maybe ile have to do a call soon r20 to my mate, to see if something is on the horizon?surely we are not going to keep dishing up this garbage for next year and keep the same shiiiiit team.....Shadow...

Rsag85

Bench
I see what you're saying.

I read something today where Turner said Sam takes the majority of hit ups in the middle and Turner takes the left overs which I imagine is inbetween the backs doing shit work. Madge shouldn't be limiting when Turner can run. He should just let him play.

Madge is far too over structured and tbh whatever he's doing needs changing. He's going to lose his job I predict.

On McInnes I stand by my view.

Another point is Madge seems to be limiting when Cook can run which isn't right either.

I think it's a combo of poor coaching and players who aren't up to it. Imo Talakai should be a back rower. Jennings has been woeful. Etc..........

I think those two players have the talent in them to be great first graders just remember both are still very young. I agree Talakai is better suited in the forwards makes strong runs and less minutes on the field would help his game. Image him off the bench.

Any way our coaching style needs to change fast because our current game plan isn't working. The talent is there in the side

callmack1

Staff member
I see what you're saying.

I read something today where Turner said Sam takes the majority of hit ups in the middle and Turner takes the left overs which I imagine is inbetween the backs doing shit work. Madge shouldn't be limiting when Turner can run. He should just let him play.

Madge is far too over structured and tbh whatever he's doing needs changing. He's going to lose his job I predict.

On McInnes I stand by my view.

Another point is Madge seems to be limiting when Cook can run which isn't right either.

I think it's a combo of poor coaching and players who aren't up to it. Imo Talakai should be a back rower. Jennings has been woeful. Etc..........
100% agree with this. What annoys me is that he's not willing to change. It's obvious we're too structured and it's obvious it's not been working for one and a half seasons but still he won't change.

Rabbits20

Immortal
100% agree with this. What annoys me is that he's not willing to change. It's obvious we're too structured and it's obvious it's not been working for one and a half seasons but still he won't change.
I'm so greatful he turned us around when he came to us and he delivered 21. I just feel like it could be becoming stale.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Yes it's unfortunate mate.

Let's hope we can at least be competitive.

Maceman I'm just letting you know I respect your views and it's great when you're on here.

Hopefully I get ya in fantasy too.
Cheers mate.
My fantasy team is going about as good as my real life team!

themacemaceman

Juniors
In my personal opinion R20 I don't think the problem is the players, in my opinion it's the style and the way we have been coached most of the guys don't have the freedom to off load or to use the ball. Madge even told McInnes not to play what's in front of him just play simple footy.
Do you remember back when Sutto was offloading the ball all the time. Has he done that lately? Not really right. We play a simple game plan. Which needs to change.
I'm not too sure that we are any more structured than any of the other teams.
All teams play with structure.
We don't want to become the Ipswich jets.
We don't have a lot of offloads , which we all agree opens up more metres and presents some great attacking scenarios.
But funnily enough more offloads doesn't necessarily lead to winning more football games.
Tigers have the most offloads and Storm and raiders are 10th and 11th. Cowboys are 16th.

Rsag85

Bench
I'm not too sure that we are any more structured than any of the other teams.
All teams play with structure.
We don't want to become the Ipswich jets.
We don't have a lot of offloads , which we all agree opens up more metres and presents some great attacking scenarios.
But funnily enough more offloads doesn't necessarily lead to winning more football games.
Tigers have the most offloads and Storm and raiders are 10th and 11th. Cowboys are 16th.

I just feel our attack is to flat and one up stuff. I think using the football more will give us more options to use someone like Cook's speed for example

alien

Referee
Just think about all the times we are defending and the opposition offloads and we think "we need to stop these offloads". Imagine how much easier it would be to defend if the opposition didn't offload. That's why we have to offload because we are making it too easy for the opposition defense.

Latest posts