What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Gagai

1qaz

Juniors
Well, QLD have a weakness. Dane Gagai should be targeted by our kicking game and pounded each and every time he attempts to return the ball. There should not be a run he makes where he gains any territory. None.

Good prediction Spot On :lol:
Gagai made the most meters of any player last night :lol:

Gagai had an excellent game last night. Constantly punchingg his nose through the line, taking good hit ups. Had one error that was a difficult take under pressure.

Hopefully browny plays him on the wing from now on

mozza91

Coach
Would be nice to see that type of performance at club level. Doubt we will though.

Knightmare

Coach
Gagai?

- Gets a pass for his attack

- Scored a try Greg Smith would've scored

- Looked shaky in defence

I hope he gets picked again for Game 2.

big hit!

Bench
Gagai and Oates took a lot of pressure off the QLD forwards, particularly that middle stint 20' either side of HT when it was Klemmer & Fifita vs Papalii & McGuire. The QLD duo were blowing hard and struggled to get back behind the line for their sets towards the end of their stint. NSW were making metres and turning them around with a decent kick here and there.

It cost Oates a potential try too. He had just completed a carry when Thurston went towards their left short side. They (would have) had the overlap and Inglis was looking for Oates but he was out of position.

Kevvie will be looking at how he can organise his forwards for game 2. I think if there is any change for QLD for the second game, it has to be up front.

Ghoulies

Bench
Well said.

His kick returns were solid, he did everything he needed to do in scoring the game winning try and he saved a certain try by knocking down that Moylan pass.

I look forward to his selection in game two.

Snappy

Coach
Can always trust Knighmare to crawl out of his cave for a sook at this time of year

Dazzat

First Grade
Gagai was second only to Boyd as the best back on the field last night.

Made some NSW forwards look foolish last night with his runs up the middle.

Gallen and Bird don't need help to look foolish ... so they looked pathetically foolish.

1qaz

Juniors
Missing Person :

Sex - Virgin
Height - 1.65m
Weight - 128kgs
Names - Roger, Spot On, Spot Off, Wax On, Wax Off
Location - Last seen crying in front of his mum's telly

Big Pete

Referee

I'm glad we finally agree on something.

A lot of people wrote Gagai off, but anyone with half a clue knew that once he wore the Maroon he wouldn't let his mates down.

It speaks volumes that his Queensland team mates spoke up for him. They saw the obvious and once again their knowledge was on-point.

Onya Dane 5 tries from 3 games, that's an amazing strike-rate.

Also want to give a shout-out to O'Neil. He isn't the flashiest player, but he made some big plays in defence and has done well to fill Hodgo's shoes. To outplay a player of Jennings' capabilities speaks volumes and I cannot be happier that he's a Maroon.

Tweed Titan

Bench

A lot of people wrote Gagai off, but anyone with half a clue knew that once he wore the Maroon he wouldn't let his mates down.

It speaks volumes that his Queensland team mates spoke up for him. They saw the obvious and once again their knowledge was on-point.

Also want to give a shout-out to O'Neil. He isn't the flashiest player, but he made some big plays in defence and has done well to fill Hodgo's shoes. To outplay a player of Jennings' capabilities speaks volumes and I cannot be happier that he's a Maroon.

Lol he fell over the line for two of his tries thanks to Boyd and Thurston, and the other was gift wrapped to him by Jennings (but he almost got mowed down by a chunky back rower). You can keep him and bog average O'Nell on the right. NSW is just that bad they don't know how to target or isolate a player.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gagais a good player but seriously Nathan Merritt would have scored the 4 tries he's scored this series

chigurh

Yeah, Gagai is killing it. The same idiots that wrote off Boyds achievements on the wing will write him off, but they are idiots..lol

Besides his phenomenal try scoring rate, his defence has been awesome.

Big Pete

Referee
Lol he fell over the line for two of his tries thanks to Boyd and Thurston, and the other was gift wrapped to him by Jennings (but he almost got mowed down by a chunky back rower). You can keep him and bog average O'Nell on the right. NSW is just that bad they don't know how to target or isolate a player.

Lol, he shrugged off an injury concern that kept him touch and go through out the majority of the build up. Despite the injury, still managed to change the course of the game, carted the ball up and converted the opportunities that were there for him.

Are Mansour and Ferguson supposed to make me feel jealous?

Should be given a please explain by his club.

If you played the game you would understand there is a difference between playing wing for the greatest team in the history of rugby league vs playing fullback for the worst team in the history of rugby league.

Latest posts