What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Laurie

rupertpupkin

Juniors
A good player that was always entertaining to watch. He wasn't world class, but had that old school style that IMHO is sorely lacking these days. He was the last player I saw actually attempt to decline a penalty for a high shot on him, or something. He appeared to be saying... "Nah, ref, don't worry about it. I'm fine. Didn't hurt. Let's keep playing." I miss the big galoot.

thorson1987

Coach
Last thing I remember of him was when I was playing reggies in 2010 in group 6.

His brother was playing for our 1st grade team and got into a fight during a game. Dane was hammered and tried to run onto the field to get involved.

edabomb

First Grade
Add him to the Big House Boys

Craig Field (vc) - Manslaughter - 7.5 years
Joe Kilroy - drugs, 3 years
Brad Izzard - drink driving occasioning death, 9 months
Centre vacant
Winger vacant
Les Mara (c) - drug kingpin 20 years
Paul Hayward - drugs 10 years
Zane Tetevano - assault - 9 months
Suisai Matagi - assault, 3 years
John Elias - drugs, shooting - 4 years
Danny Wicks - drug supply - 18 months
Anthony Watts - assault, 1 year intensive corrections order
Russell Packer - assault - 1 year

Train on squad
Jason Smith - drugs no time
Brent Todd - Poker Machine fraud no time
Matthew Lodge - assault, no time
Dane Laurie - mansalughter charge - pending
Martin Kennedy - Animal smuggling - pending
Mick Speechley - drugs ?

Get Marc Ellis into the train on squad - convicted of drug charges but no time.

ed-grimley

Bench
I had actually forgotten about him, but I do remember him at the Tigers. I didn't know he was troubled off the field though.

"Troubled NRL player Daine Laurie is in jail for serious charges including wounding with intent to murder, reports www.dailytelegraph.com.au.

Laurie, 32, went to Coffs Harbour Local Court last week for two alleged shootings.

He is alleged to have fired a firearm at a house in Nambucca Heads on October 28, 2016 that injured two people.

The prop forward made his NRL debut for the Wests Tigers in 2008. He then joined the Panthers in 2010 and then Newcastle for one year in 2012."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/ex-nrl-player-daine-laurie-in-jail
I'm sure he'll be grateful for your concern.

TheFrog

Coach
He was sent off in a reserve grade final playing for the St Marys Cougars against Newtown I think. They were about 12 behind at the time. With 12 men, they ended up running away with the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Apparently the Herald up in Newie wrote an article with him as a 'former Knights player' having played only a pre-season trial and handful of NSW Cup games for them... Nathan Brown gave it to the journo in question in last night's post-match

thorson1987

Coach
Apparently the Herald up in Newie wrote an article with him as a 'former Knights player' having played only a pre-season trial and handful of NSW Cup games for them... Nathan Brown gave it to the journo in question in last night's post-match

tbf it is the local newspaper up there and he was part of the club.

Would be a different story if the Daily Tele or SMH wrote an article and only mentioned that he was with newy ignoring the Sydney clubs he played for.

Timmah

Staff member

Would be a different story if the Daily Tele or SMH wrote an article and only mentioned that he was with newy ignoring the Sydney clubs he played for.
I get that but it did seem an unnecessary link, especially when it has no material impact on the club right now - a club already struggling for good PR

mozza91

Coach
Watching the schoolboy cup on fox atm and the fullback for Patrician Brothers Blacktown name is Daine Laurie. 'Daine' is even spelt the same dumb way, pretty unfortunate for the kid if he were to go somewhere with his RL career. He has a hatrick before half time too.

Timmah

Staff member
So he isnt a former Knights player ?
He never made a first grade appearance for them - so to write an article where half of it explains the tenuous link seems a little bit pointless and yes, a bit shit.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Daine Laurie,Jamal Idris and Tony Williams 3 players hyped up because they were big but in actual fact none of them had any ability at all.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal

wouldn't they just add a few more to the list and mistake his name for dean laurie?

Latest posts