What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Ricciardo thread

some11

Referee
o05n2r.jpg

We have a future world champion.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Missed the damned race (forgot it was on). Awesome to see Ricciardo get up again. He certainly has the goods to be our next world champ.

maple_69

Bench
So Ricciardo keeps his second place points from Melbourne and he's 7 points behind Hamilton with some decent momentum for the title.

some11

Referee
Not to mention the retirement in Malaysia and the team jerking him around at Bahrain.

Nevertheless all drivers have things go against them and it hasn't phased him one bit which is the important thing, mentally he is very strong.

I expect the Merc driver squabbling to continue until one is clearly ahead in the WDC so Ric just has to keep doing what he's doing.

Parra

Referee
Stunning just how good he is in every respect.

Would have to be the #1 recruitment target for the sport.

Jimbo

Immortal
Nevertheless all drivers have things go against them and it hasn't phased him one bit which is the important thing, mentally he is very strong.

As opposed to Vettel, who continues to whine like a little bitch

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Given the Red Bull cars aren't known for their straight line speed, he was matching times in the last several laps with Hamilton and Rosberg apparently.

Now that Monza is done with, the remaining races look to heavily favour the Red Bull cars.

I don't think the Mercedes drivers can be caught in the Drivers Championship, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ricciardo and Vettel pick up a win or two each in the remaining races.

As opposed to Vettel, who continues to whine like a little bitch

Hamilton is much worse than Vettel.
Hamilton is a germ and treats his team with so much disrespect and never follows orders. I hope Rosberg takes him out of a few more races :lol:

PURE f**kWITT IS HAMILTON

Anyway, Ricciardo is the goods. Pre-mature saying he is future world champ when the main factor in this sport is the machine you are driving and not the talent. Look at Alonso, who is probably the most skillful driver out there ATM but has won nothing in the last half decade because Ferrari have let him down.

some11

Referee
Next year is his chance at a title with it being the last car Newey designs before taking a back seat at RB, Renault have already started building their power unit for 2015 which should see them level with Mercedes since the only reason Merc have dominated is because they built the best solution while everyone else suffered under the engine freeze.

some11

Referee
P3, here's hoping RB anticipate any safety car scenario and bring him into position to lead the race.

Lynoman

Bench
Obviously Red Bull don't care about position on the drivers championship, only Vettel's ego, if that was last year, they would have run team orders.

Daniel is too good for a team like Red Bull.

some11

Referee
Shame about his start, plus the fact that Alonso gained two positions on the Red Bulls by running wide then gave one up just to appease the stewards which set Ric back.

Parra

Referee
Backed Vettel @ 17.00 for the win. Looked good when Rosberg missed the start. Interesting that Mercedes can often have one car totally fail while the other is near flawless. Probably the only downside for the new powerplants is the complexity & reliability. Complaints about the lack of noise seem to have abated.

Storm13

Juniors
Shame about his start, plus the fact that Alonso gained two positions on the Red Bulls by running wide then gave one up just to appease the stewards which set Ric back.

Can't believe Alonso got away with that considering they were also handing out 5 second penalties to whoever was exceeding the track limits :?

Parra

Referee
It was ridiculous that his handing back one place on track was deemed sufficient.

Jimbo

Immortal
Last fifteen laps or so were very entertaining

When Lewis came back out of the pits in 2nd I thought 'Dan's got this.' I was sure that Vettel would try something crazy to keep Hamilton behind

some11

Referee
He would've taken Vettel easily had his battery not shit the bed every couple of laps, no one was going to take Hamilton though, once you hear the "strat mode x" call no one can touch the Mercs.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was almost thinking that Ricciardo sat behind Vettel purely to prevent Vettel from being overtaken so that Red Bull could get the maximum points they could out of the race at that time.

Vettel's tyres were ratshit and he was being caught quickly.

Ricciardo was catching him easily and then got within 3.5secs away and then backed off a little and held his place.

Latest posts