What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Tupou

F#@k Pearce
Fxxk Maloney
f**k Jennings

But this guy...... give him a Jersey! I almost jizzed my pants when I found out he was a NSWman! Size him up now

1. Hayne
2. Tupou
3. J. Morris
4. Hopoate
5. Fergo
6. Mullen
7. Carney

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
As long as he doesn't take any runs in his own half hell go alright, legit got dominated every hit up. But put a bomb up and it's pretty much guaranteed 4 points.

As long as he doesn't take any runs in his own half hell go alright, legit got dominated every hit up. But put a bomb up and it's pretty much guaranteed 4 points.

Yeah when there was 4-5 in the tackle, he's solid. He's going to be a starter from Aus within the next 2 years

Jennings dropped?

Check yo self bra

I wasn't too impressed with his defence this year, Hodges cut him to pieces and J.Morris is just better. He's been solid for the past 2 series against Inglis and although he's not as flash as Jennings, he's bigger, stronger, faster and just a bigger threat.

aqua_duck

Coach
Put 4 or 5kg on him and watch him go. Think part of his problem when running the ball in his own half is he's too upright. Then again Merritt never runs the ball in his own half and still gets picked

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Rate him, but he can be a real liability in a game of Origin or finals level intensity. He is generally a strong ball carrier who can make good metres out of his own end but when he gets swarmed like you do in really tough games you can pretty much lock him in for between 0 and -5 metres per hit up.

andrew057

First Grade
Good in the air but thats about it at the moment. Was hammered every run he took last night.

aqua_duck

Coach
Rate him, but he can be a real liability in a game of Origin or finals level intensity. He is generally a strong ball carrier who can make good metres out of his own end but when he gets swarmed like you do in really tough games you can pretty much lock him in for between 0 and -5 metres per hit up.

I think it's just the fact he runs too upright and tries too hard to make extra metres, needs to learn to kind of make his 5 or 6 metres and then lower his centre of gravity, also put 5 or 6 kg on him and he'll be a lot harder to push back

timka4

Bench
Good in the air but thats about it at the moment. Was hammered every run he took last night.

This. If he can improve his running game I'd give him a look in. But modern origin has proved that just pure finishers just can't cut it, need the lot.

Just a few technical issues that he can easily fix up and his defence may be questionable at times but tbh I think his main weakness would be the other giant wingers coming through. I expect QLD to unleash Edrick Lee at some point who may just have an edge on Tupou in the air.

Vic Mackey

Referee
As pretty much everyone who actually understands rugby league has said; good potential but nowhere near origin. At the moment he is basically just there for cross field bombs (which he is insanely good at mind you) the rest will probably come but ATM McManus and taufua are nearly as good in the air and much better in every other area.