What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Weidler baseless sensationalism/gutter journalism thread

no name

Coach
How does T'eo being pissed off at being abused relate to his manager seeking offers from rival clubs??

If Teo punched that grubs face till it was a bloody pulp I would donate $$$$ to his legal defence.
I am guessing I would not be alone.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Has Teo said at any stage that he needed a change in order to get away from the continual reminding of the incident ?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Has Teo said at any stage that he needed a change in order to get away from the continual reminding of the incident ?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-teo-to-the-edge/story-fnca0von-1226943523590
Assault claims push Ben Te?o to the edge

The Australian
June 05, 2014 12:00AM

BEN Te?o has revealed the pain and hurt he suffered after being accused of assaulting a young woman last season could be the catalyst for him quitting the NRL.

The Queensland and South Sydney backrower remains unsigned for next season after failing to take up an option at the Rabbitohs for next year and is exploring his options in European rugby union, Super Rugby and other NRL clubs.

Although he was later cleared of any wrongdoing, Te?o said he was still vilified by fans over the allegation, with the most recent abuse coming during Monday night?s match against St George Illawarra at ANZ Stadium.

?I played the Dragons two nights ago and someone yelled something out from the crowd concerning it,?? Te?o said. ?That?s what I?ve got to live with. About you bashed this, whatever. That?s with me now.

?I cop it on social media; I?m not saying it?s consistent, but yeah, I get it on social media, people yell it, I get it at games ? if people only knew the facts, but the facts aren?t always delivered in the media, you know what I mean???

Te?o admitted he was still carrying scars from last season after Katie Lewis accused him of punching her in the face during an incident at the home of former Brisbane turned Parramatta five-eighth Corey Norman.

The matter was investigated by Queensland police and the NRL?s Integrity Unit before Te?o was cleared. He said yesterday that he felt his innocence was not as well publicised as his alleged guilt.

The Souths backrower praised the Integrity Unit for the way they handled his case and Souths and the QRL for standing by him but said other stakeholders in the game had let him down.

Although he did not name anyone directly, it is understood Te?o is still livid with the Nine Network, which broke the story of the alleged assault. He refused to answer questions from a Nine reporter before training yesterday, calling him a ?germ?.

?It was a rough time, how people went about things,?? Te?o said. ?The aftermath, what was left, you know? There wasn?t much made of me being cleared ? Does that change the way I feel about certain things and the sport and that? Yeah, it does.

?There?s other shareholders in the game that I can?t say did the right thing by me so that?s where it is.??

Te?o admitted he had never thought about leaving the NRL until the claims arose last year. He has already confirmed to his teammates he will be moving on after they became aware of a club deadline regarding his future at Souths.

He admitted it would be a difficult decision to walk away from the NRL, particularly after cementing a position in the Queensland team since game three of the 2012 State of Origin series.

There are any number of NRL clubs that could use a player of Te?o?s experience, with Canberra just missing out on signing Melbourne backrower Kevin Proctor while St George Illawarra have been circling North Queensland?s Tariq Sims.

Switching codes is also an option and Te?o could follow teammate Sam Burgess, who has signed with English rugby union club Bath for next year with a view to playing in the World Cup. Te?o holds an English passport through his mother. ?Sam?s there, he?s already told me before that if I need advice to talk to him but I don?t talk to Sam about what I?m doing,?? Te?o said. ?He?s got no idea and at the moment I?ve got no idea either.

?Change can always be good so whether that?s a new code, whether that?s a new club, a new beginning, I don?t know.?

andrew057

First Grade
Change of team? Change of code? Change of country? Who knows?

All I know is the germ is using it as an excuse to bring Teos name in to his columns.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Danny Weidler Scoop

Ben Te'o went public with his reasons for leaving Souths - they were largely related to copping a hard time since he was accused but cleared of assaulting Katie Lewis. He told reporters - not this one: ''That is what I have got to live with, about you bashed [a woman]. I cop it on social media. People yell it at games. If people only knew the facts.'' All of that is understandable - and it's not fair that Te'o is copping abuse from fans. He was cleared of any wrongdoing - and for that reason he doesn't deserve the heat.

What is hard to understand though, if Te'o is so hurt by the abuse he is copping, why did his agent shop him with a big price tag ($600,000 a season) to rival clubs. And, when we say rivals, we include the Roosters. Yes, the team that Souths can't cop. The Roosters didn't want a bar of Te'o - not because of Lewis. Perhaps they didn't like the stories they had heard from the way he left the Tigers - their players are not huge supporters of Te'o. If you missed it, Te'o gave me a nice blast at Souths training during the week. He refused to answer my questions at a media conference, which is fair enough if he does not like me. He then sprayed me in front of his teammates and other media calling me a grub among other things. He told me I was not welcome at Souths ''because nobody likes you''.

That was hardly a news flash. I've copped the cold shoulder from Souths players since I first reported the claims. I once had a good relationship with most of the players - that's gone. Souths have banned me from talking to their players in one-on-one interviews. None of that bothers me. Nor did the Te'o spray that was captured on camera. Souths reported that to the NRL, but it was not because I complained about it. As a journo you cop that. The cameras didn't capture Te'o eyeballing me and calling me a ''f---wit''.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/penrith...ight-demons-20140607-39pu7.html#ixzz348jqTDL2

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What is hard to understand though, if Te'o is so hurt by the abuse he is copping, why did his agent shop him with a big price tag ($600,000 a season) to rival clubs

lol, why is that hard to understand ?

and how is his agent's shopping him around relevant to his copping abuse ?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
lol, why is that hard to understand ?

and how is his agent's shopping him around relevant to his copping abuse ?

Well given he is stating the abuse is one of the major reasons for leaving Souths, how does he expect the abuse to stop by joining another club say the Roosters? I dislike Weidler as much as the next person, however Craig Gower and Ben Teo are the last people to be judging others characters. 2 of the lowest humans to grace the NRL in the last decade.

POPEYE

Coach
Not sure why I bother commenting in this thread but I will say, for what it's worth, The Weed's column this morning in the SMH had me struggling to find anything to wholeheartedly disagree with . . . trivia but surprising nevertheless

POPEYE

Coach
Weidler trying to browbeat Pat Richards at a fund raising barbecue, is it any wonder players hate the f**king cretin

This prick is Channel Nine's #1 interviewer . . . what does that tell you

Latest posts