What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to dream

LeagueNut

First Grade
Round 16...

Friday night: The Rabbits trample the Raiders in Sydney, winning by 20 points.

Saturday night: The Panthers drop a home game against a resurgent Dragons team.

Sunday afternoon: The Titans are too good for the Knights in Newcastle.

Sunday afternoon: The Warriors make it five in a row with a 10 point win over the Broncos, and thanks to the other results above, find themselves in the Top 8 for the first time this season.

How likely is all of that?? Now that I've started talking about it, we'll probably finish the round in 15th (which is possible as well).

I've got an ulterior motive though, as soon as we finish a round inside the Top 8 I'm allowed to shave for the first time this season. :D

Blair

Coach
Leaguenut I like your style. It takes some effort to work all that out!

Results largely went our way last weekend, apart from the Titans beating the Storm.

Like others here, I have a bad feeling about our weekend ahead. We've all been on a high of late but our situation's so dicey that a loss on Sunday puts us back in crisis mode (finals-wise).

We've also had plenty of 50-50 luck swing our way to about 70-30 in our favour, after it being about 20-80 against us in the first eight or so rounds.

I'd imagine the fans would be coming back to Mt Smart in some numbers now. Is the weather grim in Auckland like it is in Sydney?

LeagueNut

First Grade
Weather will (apparently) be clear tomorrow and start drizzling on Sunday. It's another triple-header at Mt Smart, hopefully the rain holds off until later in the evening and we can enjoy a beautiful winters afternoon watching some great footy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Dangertime for the Warriors !!

As a punter I always look for when the opposition get out to $3+ at the TAB and back them, as history has been the Warriors always lose these matches, and this week Brisbane are at $3

vvvrulz

Coach
Even if it doesn't happen this week (but I like the chances), we are on target for a top eight finish.
That in itself is a huge turnaround from The Year of the Bluey.

Aragorn

First Grade
I dreamed a dream in time gone by, when hope was high and life, worth living....

Izz

Bench
We don't typically do well first game after a bye, so i'm a little nervous about this one.

royce10

Juniors
Dangertime for the Warriors !!

As a punter I always look for when the opposition get out to $3+ at the TAB and back them, as history has been the Warriors always lose these matches, and this week Brisbane are at $3

As a punter myself, I steer clear of Warriors games. Just when you think you have them suss'd.....fail! Warriors are funny like that.

Nevertheless, go Warriors!

captainwarrior

Juniors
It's quite realistic. Dragons will get Dugan back on a high after Origin (despite the loss), Titans are playing some great footy, and I think tonight is pretty self-explanatory. Our biggest hurdle is ourselves. As it's said above we aren't very good after a bye. Nor are we good in games where we are almost certainties to win, so this is a danger game.

I agree with Blair also, if we lose this, our top 8 chances are quite dicey.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
As a punter myself, I steer clear of Warriors games. Just when you think you have them suss'd.....fail! Warriors are funny like that.

Nevertheless, go Warriors!

I wouldn't be as confident in the theory these days, but was uncanny how often it paid off. Warriors paying $3+ to win, back them, Opposition $3+, back the opposition

Best result I ever got out of it was Sandows debut at Mt Smart

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The dream is still alive, although it's very concerning that the last leg of that dream is the Warriors result itself. It has all the trademarks of a Warriors fall at the last hurdle.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Saturday night: The Panthers drop a home game against a resurgent Dragons team.
Stupid Panthers spoiling my plans.

Actually we can still finish this round inside the Top 8, but we'd need to beat the Broncos by more than 102 points.

Blair

Coach
:D
We get the pleasure of Channel 9 delayed coverage here in Australia.

What a quandary.

Do we come here live? Or do we settle in front of the box without knowing?*

*I'll also have my mobile phone off as my mother will text me if things go good.

MKEB...

Staff member
Some bugger a couple doors down has his chainsaw going. So its off to the pub to watch it live.

Blair

Coach
Some bugger a couple doors down has his chainsaw going. So its off to the pub to watch it live.

The neighbour's obviously a Sunday arvo ignoramus. Good excuse to go to the pub, eh?

I'm settling in here to listen live on radio and (hopefully) have Phil's real time thread.

If so (Phil would be doing this off radio also?) I hope he's kind. I don't want too many "FAAAARKS!", just when things are looking good for us.

Latest posts