Darius Boyd quits rep footy

Discussion in 'State of Origin and other State Leagues' started by King hit, Jun 11, 2018.

1. King hit

King hit First Grade

Darius Boyd has retired from representative football immediately

2. no name

no name Coach

Must have been a tough decision to give up all those jerseys he was in line for.

Seriously though, as unlikeable as he seems, he has a great record at rep level.

Good on him for a great rep career.

Showtime likes this.
  3. Barkley

Barkley Juniors

“Quits”

jargan83 and sensesmaybenumbed like this.
  4. Haffa

Haffa Guest

As the Courier Mail back page said "Selfless".

What a Hero!

5. typicalfan

typicalfan Coach

I can say for myself as someone who also has Buckley’s of playing for my state right now, I’ve decided to pull the pin too.

6. gUt

gUt Coach

it's a good thing Rowdy Shearer is still available

7. TIGER14

TIGER14 Juniors

I would also like to announce my retirement from rep footy.

I was about as much chance of being selected as Darius.

jargan83 and Saxon like this.
  8. big hit!

big hit! Juniors

the rumour that he was called into camp by Kevvie last week apparently was true. Darius called Slater to find out how he was and William said he was going to be right to play. I guess Darius didn't want to cancel a family holiday if he was just going to take reps at training, which is what Mbye ended up doing in Slater's absence. Then William tears the hamstring at the Sunday or Monday training session.

The irony is Darius would've played Game 1 if he went to camp when called in. The whole thing with Slater & Hunt really f**ked QLD last week. Mbye trained at FB, Morgan as the right-side half, and in the end Morgan played FB. Kevvie wasn't impressed about Darius turning the call-in down and I think word has filtered through that he will never be considered again. Darius just made it official.

myrrh ken likes this.
  9. Hutty1986

Hutty1986 Referee

Damn it, no more 5m flops over the tryline and arrogant kicks of the ball into the crowd

10. typicalfan

typicalfan Coach

Seriously though this seems a bit bitter unless he is worried about his fitness. Difference between him and the others is he wasn’t picked.

11. mozza91

mozza91 Bench

Absolutely he’s taking it easy so he can focus on his future with the Broncos. He selflessly did the same thing for his last 12 months in Newcastle.

12. Saxon

Saxon Juniors

Still a f*ckin' cry baby.

Chose not to be a shadow player so he could take a holiday, then chucks teddy out of the crib when Kevvie says "You don't want to train, you don't get to play".

Anyway, on this year's performances there are at least 4 QLD fullback options ahead of him.

13. Maroon4life

Maroon4life Juniors

14. Glen

Glen Bench

There will be a statue of him flopping over the line off a Greg Inglis pass out the front of Suncorp one day

15. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

He asked and Billy said he'd be right to play. f**k giving up a holiday with the family for no game time. He's also said himself his form isn't deserving of a QLD jersey.

16. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

He has performed well for qld 30 times or so but was shown the famous qld loyalty treatment.

if kevvy wants to be petty and boycott him then so be it.

Qld eating their own. Apparently Oates is not happy about not getting a phone call.

Will be interesting if there are a few more injuries.

Life's Good likes this.
  17. davi

davi Juniors

Darius Boyd never refused to play for QLD, he refused to give up a holiday to be a shadow player. That's a bit different to Jamie Lyons and Matt Cooper who have turned down playing. Some of you on here are also making out Boyd is a fringe player scrub, he has played 28 state of origin games for QLD for God's sake.

I actually can seen a bright side for Boyd. his form has been patchy, but niggling injuries with his hamstring are behind some of it. There's an argument that Justin Hodges should of given away origin earlier because of all the injuries he racked up.

I also don't think Boyd was a lock to be out of origin next year as some have egged on without Slater not being around next year. The politics with Walters probably has ended it, but if Boyd can find form again his name would be still in the mix it he hadn't retired. I'm happy to acknowledge Queensland probably are more likely to look to the future with Ponga and Milford though.

THE CHAMP likes this.