What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Nicholls

Life's Good

Coach
DTV PreSeason W6 Darren Nicholls
Halfback Darren Nicholls is starting to learn the Dragons' style of play since joining the club from the Panthers.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/12/13/dtv-preseason-w6-darren-nicholls/

Mary to Nichols:

Mary: Look Darren it’s a 17 man game.

Nichols: So that means if I train hard I might get a start in the 17

Mary: Well yes & no. You see, I may choose you in the 17 but I will leave you on the bench.

Nichols: What the f*ck, that won’t work.

Mary: Really? You do know we were April premiers in 2015 & 2017.

Nichols: So what do you call that style of play?

Mary: Dragons footy MkII. You’re lesson is over

:D:D
Mary to Nichols:

Mary: Well yes & no. You see, I may choose you in the 17 but I will leave you on the bench.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Correct.

Havili is gone from all accounts and Robson is a year or 2 away. Hence, I like the signing of Nichols. If we lose McInnes, I like the notion of having a Kangaroo hooker step in and Nichols may surprise at 7 if given a go. Heck we still have Field as well who may command the 17 jersey where he could step into the halves during the game with Hunt filling in at hooker. If we're chasing points (which we invariably are these days), that's not a bad formation with tiring defences.

Its all about options. During the ebb and flow of a 26 round season with injuries, rep duties, form etc, I say the more options we have the better.
I love it but my name's not MARY

Fair point.

Havili never a good opportunity because of McGregor's ineptitude.

Still not a fan of McIness though.
That's the real issue.
Maybe Havili was much better than McInnes.
How would you ever know?
The guy didn't get a sniff. Either did Nona, Hind and others.
No real competition for positions.
Personally I think McInnes was a massive upgrade on Rein and did exactly what the coach told him to do. Just keep the ruck tight, tackle everything that moves and distribute.
If you judge him on those instructions, he was one of our best in 2017.
Dufty was told not to run the ball out from the back and McDonald was used purely as a battering ram to make metres out of our defensive third.
So opposition coaches soon cottoned on to the brand of "Dragons Footy" that we were playing and easily devised plans to counter it.
So unless McGregor suddenly grows some creative hair, get ready for more of the same in 2018.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
That's the real issue.
How would you ever know?
Personally I think McInnes was a massive upgrade on Rein and did exactly what the coach told him to do. Just keep the ruck tight, tackle everything that moves and distribute.
Dufty was told not to run the ball out from the back and McDonald was used purely as a battering ram to make metres out of our defensive third.
So opposition coaches soon cottoned on to the brand of "Dragons Footy" that we were playing and easily devised plans to counter it.
So unless McGregor suddenly grows some creative hair, get ready for more of the same in 2018.
Exactly Dennis you shouldn't blame the soldiers if their only following instructions.

Crush

Coach
That's the real issue.
How would you ever know?
There is no competition for spots. Correct. Lets hope McInnes has a great season because if he doesn't there is no way Mary will drop him. McInnes is our hooker for the next 3 years in Marys eyes so regardless of form that is how it will play out. Same goes for Lafai and Aitken. They are our centres for the next 3 years. Only injuries will see anyone else get game time in those positions.
As I have said before, hope that plan A works because there sure as hell isn't a plan B.

Drag Queen

Bench
There is no competition for spots. Correct. Lets hope McInnes has a great season because if he doesn't there is no way Mary will drop him. McInnes is our hooker for the next 3 years in Marys eyes so regardless of form that is how it will play out. Same goes for Lafai and Aitken. They are our centres for the next 3 years. Only injuries will see anyone else get game time in those positions.
As I have said before, hope that plan A works because there sure as hell isn't a plan B.
You just brought down my mood three fold Crush.:confused:.

Drag Queen

Bench
That's the real issue.
How would you ever know?
Personally I don't think McInnes was an upgrade of Rein. Yep I said it.

to_ddeath

Coach
Mary to Nichols:

P.S. Mate we only need 27 points to make the 8

Drag Queen

Bench
He is when it comes to passing...How easily we forget.,Rein's service from dummy half...passes thrown behind the receiver..passes thrown at their ankles etc...
Remarkably, he has improved 100% under a decent coach. I'm one of the few that didn't blame our poor performance on Rein or Marshall.

Latest posts