What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Taylor

Meth

Staff member
What happened to this guy?

I mean, I know he had his flaws. But he was playing Origin a couple of years ago and now he’s languishing, playing for the cellar-dwellers in the QLD club and is faaaaat. Like, he looks 140+kg and not much of it would be muscle. How did his career turn to this?

Because he’s incredibly lazy.

You know what I hate about Dave Taylor? This myth that if he gave a shit he’d be the best forward who ever played. Biggest load of shit in the game.

The reason people think he was talented was because he just tried to play with flair and it occasionally came off (most of the time it didn’t though). You don’t think all NRL forwards can flick pass and chip kick, these guys are all supremely talented it’s just that they’re not completely geniused and leave it to the better suited players who know when to pick their marks.

Not only that but having that work ethic is a big part of it. It’s like saying if Joel Reddy was more talented he’d be the best player who ever played, point is he he doesn’t have it so there’s no point bringing it up.

f**k Dave Taylor.

jc155776

Coach
I just came on here to start a thread on how awful he looks. He legit looks like the fat clubman who plays reserve grade in the local Comp cause they struggle for numbers. He is ducking huge in the worst looking way.

Wizardman

First Grade
I don't like Taylor at all....but to say he did not have ability is bullshit. Strong as an ox and could deliver a great offload in traffic.
Taylor's problem was that he had zero on and off field intelligence as well as no work ethic. Any rep starts he had was due to talent and talent alone.
One day, he just may have that day of reflection thinking "Where did it all go wrong?".

some11

Referee
he was playing Origin a couple of years ago

As a last resort, QLD were really desperate that year and ultimately Mal paid the price for selecting the useless lump.

I remember he got called out in the media basically saying he had one job - just hold the bloody ball and run. Late in the game QLD were under huge pressure and he thought he was a halfback and threw a pass over the sideline - papers were stamped after that.

King hit

Coach
As a last resort, QLD were really desperate that year and ultimately Mal paid the price for selecting the useless lump.

I remember he got called out in the media basically saying he had one job - just hold the bloody ball and run. Late in the game QLD were under huge pressure and he thought he was a halfback and threw a pass over the sideline - papers were stamped after that.

And that presented the Blues the opportunity to win which Hodkinson gladly took

I don't like Taylor at all....but to say he did not have ability is bullshit. Strong as an ox and could deliver a great offload in traffic.
Taylor's problem was that he had zero on and off field intelligence as well as no work ethic. Any rep starts he had was due to talent and talent alone.
One day, he just may have that day of reflection thinking "Where did it all go wrong?".

If he had even a mediocre attitude he would have been a origin and international mainstay, he didn't. Was too concerned with trying to be a halfback. You have to imagine somewhere one of the many coaches he played under told him to stop trying to ball play but he either didn't listen or didn't care. Seemed averse do doing any of the tough stuff as well.

skot

Juniors
I had a laugh at Scott Sattler's comments at one stage of the game today....Dave Taylor was lying on the sideline while a physio was massaging his calf.

Sattler..."That's not a calf...that's a cow. Look at the size of Dave Taylor's leg....it has it's own postcode...." or wording like that.

ek999

First Grade
images

Pedge1971

First Grade
Because he’s incredibly lazy.

You know what I hate about Dave Taylor? This myth that if he gave a shit he’d be the best forward who ever played. Biggest load of shit in the game.

The reason people think he was talented was because he just tried to play with flair and it occasionally came off (most of the time it didn’t though). You don’t think all NRL forwards can flick pass and chip kick, these guys are all supremely talented it’s just that they’re not completely geniused and leave it to the better suited players who know when to pick their marks.

Not only that but having that work ethic is a big part of it. It’s like saying if Joel Reddy was more talented he’d be the best player who ever played, point is he he doesn’t have it so there’s no point bringing it up.

f**k Dave Taylor.

Tell is what u really rhink...

Pedge1971

First Grade

Nah, he is too f**king dumb to reflect.

Pedge1971

First Grade
If he had even a mediocre attitude he would have been a origin and international mainstay, he didn't. Was too concerned with trying to be a halfback. You have to imagine somewhere one of the many coaches he played under told him to stop trying to ball play but he either didn't listen or didn't care. Seemed averse do doing any of the tough stuff as well.

Could be worse. You could have married the useless f**k.......imagine that!!??

Latest posts