What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Klemmer

MilanDragon

Juniors
Very interesting - him and Woods are best mates so find it quite ironic Woods coming could mean Klemmer leaving.

The financial arrangements not being met - is that TPA's?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
0fa46c125cf2f1924c39722d21f66550.jpg

Gareth67

First Grade
Good lord ! The bloke is so gawd damn ugly , I mean , is he really the type of player that we want in the Big Red V ?

You bet your sweet nelly we do . Millward , get your orse out of bed and sign him up , as he is one player that will go for the full 80 minutes . And as far as his looks are concerned , well , perhaps the Bullgrubs will throw one of them big brown paper bags of theirs our way ? :innocent:

Last edited:

dragon thomo

Juniors
I am not sure about Klemmer. Even thou he played well in th SOO ,I thought he was lucky to be picked.He is not the most consistent player.I think Packer is, a better player.

Dannyboy80

Juniors
It smells a lot like the current crop of players who signed contracts before all the money started getting thrown around, and now they want upgrades or they're leaving i.e. Cody walker James Maloney. Agents holding Management to ransom. But if it happens, then we should go all in for him, perfect replacement for Russell IMO

possm

Coach
It smells a lot like the current crop of players who signed contracts before all the money started getting thrown around, and now they want upgrades or they're leaving i.e. Cody walker James Maloney. Agents holding Management to ransom. But if it happens, then we should go all in for him, perfect replacement for Russell IMO
Are we really chasing Klemmer?

possm

Coach
He's asked for a release from Bulldogs
Yes but is this in order to go to the Tigers or is Millward really going to chase this player. I imagine Millward can't table an official offer because he is still under contract for a few years. So it would be Klemmer's manager sounding out possible placements if a release is granted.

I don't know how the dogs get away with all of these dodgy TPAs. Some valued more than the figure on the players contract. It's a sham and shoud be dealt with by the NRL asap.

At least have a percentage figure of the contracted price so the salary cap means something again.

This is not the first time a player has express dissatisfaction with a TPA and put the blame on the Club. Makes a mockery of the idea that these arrangements must be separate from any club's contract arrangement or recruitment incentive.

Dannyboy80

Juniors
Yes but is this in order to go to the Tigers or is Millward really going to chase this player. I imagine Millward can't table an official offer because he is still under contract for a few years. So it would be Klemmer's manager sounding out possible placements if a release is granted.

I don't know how the dogs get away with all of these dodgy TPAs. Some valued more than the figure on the players contract. It's a sham and shoud be dealt with by the NRL asap.

At least have a percentage figure of the contracted price so the salary cap means something again.

This is not the first time a player has express dissatisfaction with a TPA and put the blame on the Club. Makes a mockery of the idea that these arrangements must be separate from any club's contract arrangement or recruitment incentive.
Isn't that what happened with Mark Gasnier?

But yeah, for something that is supposed to be conducted completely separate to the club, it seems to be the clubs doing the heavy lifting when things go bad.

It's all still very fresh about the Klemmer situation, but I'm just saying if it is looking like he's leaving, dragons would be stupid not to get amongst it.

Life's Good

Coach
I am with you here. The strategy appears to be throw it out into the media, see what bites there are, put the club on the spot, upgrade the deal. Rinse & repeat.
Good signing if it happens but now that his girlfriend from the Tigers is going there I doubt it will happen.