What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Klemmer

Gareth67

First Grade
Weipa Dragon - G.C.Dragon and Dragsters , in regards to Kerr , the man needs to be placed on the 1st grade bench as quickly as possible , so as he does have that chance of stepping-up to the next level .

The longer that he remains in the Cutters , the less are his chances of getting that much needed experience that the younger players require . A man of his size would be of immense benefit come the back end of the season , as would Sele .

Mary should be using these blokes far more frequently then he is at present , give them the game time , the experience and we shall know whether or not they possess the attributes required for 1st grade .

MilanDragon

Juniors
Weipa Dragon - G.C.Dragon and Dragsters , in regards to Kerr , the man needs to be placed on the 1st grade bench as quickly as possible , so as he does have that chance of stepping-up to the next level .

The longer that he remains in the Cutters , the less are his chances of getting that much needed experience that the younger players require . A man of his size would be of immense benefit come the back end of the season , as would Sele .

Mary should be using these blokes far more frequently then he is at present , give them the game time , the experience and we shall know whether or not they possess the attributes required for 1st grade .

The big question is, who drops out for him to come in? Do we replace Sele with Kerr? Or Sims or LAM??

Gareth67

First Grade
The big question is, who drops out for him to come in? Do we replace Sele with Kerr? Or Sims or LAM??

Yes , I realise that is the big problem . Unfortunately it all come down to injuries . In a situation at present , with Fitzzell out for a number of weeks , Kerr may be able to fill the vacant spot on the bench ?

My main point was , and unfortunately there are times when I don't make myself fully understood , players such as Kerr , would be a ready made replacement for Packer , but without the mongrel .

The only way that he will gain that the mental toughness to be a successful prop is to play right alongside some hard nosed forwards , such as Simms or Leeson Ah Mau and of course big Russ himself .

MilanDragon

Juniors
Yes , I realise that is the big problem . Unfortunately it all come down to injuries . In a situation at present , with Fitzzell out for a number of weeks , Kerr may be able to fill the vacant spot on the bench ?

My main point was , and unfortunately there are times when I don't make myself fully understood , players such as Kerr , would be a ready made replacement for Packer , but without the mongrel .

The only way that he will gain that the mental toughness to be a successful prop is to play right alongside some hard nosed forwards , such as Simms or Leeson Ah Mau and of course big Russ himself .

Thanks Gareth. With injuries absolutely agree and will be interested to see who steps in this week Frizzell out. Might be host? Or hopefully they can give Kerr/Lawrie a chance.

I think we all want juniors blooded but the hard part is you have to leave someone out. Always a harder job when the team is winning. The other factor of leaving someone out for a junior is the impact it has on not only team chemistry but morale.

SBD82

Coach

I have a feeling that Sims still sees himself as a right edge forward who is doing a job for us in the middle. With frizzell out for a couple of weeks it might free up a middle spot on the bench.

This would probably be a good chance for one of the young props to get a game. Although it will be an induction of fire. No matter how bad the dogs are going, there's no denying that they have size and quality in the middle. Always a threat.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If i remember correctly when Kerr was signed (3yrs) he even stated he would spend 2017 in reserves.
So far his stats are improving each week and is very hard to stop close to the line. Scores a lot of barge over tries.
He does need to work on his defense and get miles in his legs as he needs to play longer minutes than hes playing now.
But yeah a real prospect moving into 2018 and beyond.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
I believe Kerr was on a 2 year contract. But ask Johnsy he can also make comments about Klemmer and SMH articles.

GC Dragon

Juniors
I have a feeling that Sims still sees himself as a right edge forward who is doing a job for us in the middle. With frizzell out for a couple of weeks it might free up a middle spot on the bench.

This would probably be a good chance for one of the young props to get a game. Although it will be an induction of fire. No matter how bad the dogs are going, there's no denying that they have size and quality in the middle. Always a threat.
Agree . I think Sims is a better edge forward that has been moved to the middle . They could put him on the right edge and give the likes of Laurie a run on the bench . Or put Jacob Host straight in for a few games . I think Host in the years to come will become a outstanding edge forward . The club did the right thing locking him up for 4 years .

_Johnsy

Referee
I believe Kerr was on a 2 year contract. But ask Johnsy he can also make comments about Klemmer and SMH articles.
Ohhh didums, did someone point out an obvious error when you were too lazy to read the bloody article.

If you want to comment about the accuracy of a thread that is based on an article, it may be an idea to actually read the article, but hey that's just me. It may be time to remove the sand princess.

Old Timer

Coach
Simms is a bit disappointing IMO.
He had a couple of good games last year especially against the Sharks but for all the hoo ha I have not seen anything too dominant from him so far this season.
He is playing in the middle which is not his go IMO but that is where the club see they need him to be.
Against Newcastle it would be a great time to give Simms a break and bring Kerr in for blooding.
If Frizz is going to be out I think Host deserves to be in the run on side as Sele is going incredibly well off the bench.

possm

Coach
Your right Life's Good , the man needs a change of club , I believe that it would work wonders for him . Whether or not anything eventuates from the story which is now doing the rounds , is another matter .

Personally , he would be the ideal replacement for big Russ - as said by many others , if we are to continue in the same vein next season the club must find a suitable replacement for him . That is not to say that we deny our younger players their chance , but to have that one prime forward that is essential to all packs in the competition .
Klemmer is an ideal replacement for Packer and the Dogs need to find some cap savings after buying Woods and Foran and resigning Hoppa and a few others.

If Klemmer did come to the Dragons it would not necessarily put a stop on your young props Kerr and Lawrie. They would have to play well enough in reserves to fill the bench spot of Ah Mau or Sims. That's the way to bring young prop forwards through. No need to give them a free pass.

possm

Coach
Simms is a bit disappointing IMO.
He had a couple of good games last year especially against the Sharks but for all the hoo ha I have not seen anything too dominant from him so far this season.
He is playing in the middle which is not his go IMO but that is where the club see they need him to be.
Against Newcastle it would be a great time to give Simms a break and bring Kerr in for blooding.
If Frizz is going to be out I think Host deserves to be in the run on side as Sele is going incredibly well off the bench.
To me Sims is an edge player and is not doing well in the prop rotation. As always, Mary manages to go the opposite way to the obvious:
  1. Sims on the bench in the backrow rotation.
  2. Kerr on the bench along with Ah Mau in the prop rotation.
  3. Sele/Field to be selected as the fourth player on the bench depending on May's plans.

If Sims is not playing to expectations, Sele/Host/Leilua are all there to take his place.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Good lord ! The bloke is so gawd damn ugly , I mean is he really the type of player that we want in the Big Red V ?

You bet your sweet nelly we do . Millward , get your orse out of bed and sign him up , as he is one player that will go for the full 80 minutes . And as far as his looks are concerned , well , perhaps the Bullgrubs will throw one of them big brown paper bags of theirs our way ? :innocent:

The guy has a head like a smack A-hole but hey, you never know how good the red V can make a player look!

I remember Packer in a Warriors jersey.
He looked like crud.
However, in a red V, he scraped up not too shabby.
Of course, when he goes to the Tigers, he'll look like poop again but you can't help bad luck!
If Klemmer goes anywhere near a tv camera, they'll have to smear vaso over the lens otherwise the Complaints Department will be overloaded.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

ALSGI

Bench
The guy has a head like a smack A-hole but hey, you never know how good the red V can make a player look!

I remember Packer in a Warriors jersey.
He looked like crud.
However, in a red V, he scraped up not too shabby.
Of course, when he goes to the Tigers, he'll look like poop again but you can't help bad luck!
If Klemmer goes anywhere near a tv camera, they'll have to smear vaso over the lens otherwise the Complaints Department will be overloaded.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Bit harsh mate, his missus and kids might be following your posts here.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If he goes to the Tigers he will go well. Don't forget Cleary is there and he can get players to play to their potential.

How good would Woods feel. Left his boyhood club to join his best mate. His best mate then leaves to join Wood's boyhood club.

Tigers end up getting the better of the deal by a mile.

Latest posts