What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young

Collateral

Coach
I think this guy is going to be the next Lance Thompson.

He gets through a mountain of work each and every game and is one of the top tacklers in the NRL in his second season of first grade.
He is very fit, very aggressive and very strong. He is alos a leader just like Lance.

I have been a bit concerned with his ability to break the line as of late, but last week I saw him take the ball foward with confidence and he broke the line at least twice.

I think it is just a thing he will get better at with every game. Younger or inexperienced players can tend to back off taking the hitups and instead just prefer to tackle the opposition into the ground, but as their confidence grows and their first grade skill develops they take much more effective hitups....I think Dean is following this pattern.

I personally see him as a future Captain for the Dragons.
He came close to making the Country side this year also.

He is very young (pardon the pun) and still has many years infront of him at the Dragons. He has just re-signed till the end of 2006 and his old man has a fair bit of influence at the Dragons since he works there.

He is definantly a keeper. Notice how he goes hard like Hindmarsh even when we are playing poorly.

Keep up the great work Dean!

Nugby

Juniors
Hard to argue with that assessment, yeah I'm pretty sure Dean'll be one club man, I'd be devestated if we couldn't pay him enough to stay at the club after his dad was one of our legends, but I feel the same way about Gaz and his uncle

Benny

First Grade
last two games he has played better as been allowed to play lock, Timmins has played second row - despite numbers on their back.

Young is better in middle of the ruck rather than attacking the fringes of the ruck

Sticks

Juniors
Does need to get rid of his tendancy to be a compulsive ball stripper and penalty giver. Other than that, the lad is developing quite well in both defence and attack. You could never doubt his attitude and enthusiasum.

Sticks

Southernsaint

Staff member
Sticks said:
Does need to get rid of his tendancy to be a compulsive ball stripper and penalty giver. Other than that, the lad is developing quite well in both defence and attack. You could never doubt his attitude and enthusiasum.

Sticks

I totally agree. The same could be said for Ashton Sims. When these two guys mature, they'll be world-beaters. Probably for another club, though.

Cheers,
Ben S.

tiger_nick

Bench
I rate this bloke highly. When he first came into grade I noticed he did some ball playing that I havnt really noticed this year. I hope they don't coach him out of it. I'd like him at lock.

Biglance

Bench
well he will be there

my future team in 4 years

1. Hornby
2. Edwin Asotasi
3. Beau Scott
4. Cooper
5. luke roberts/ stuart philpott
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Firman
8. Bailey
9. Head
10. Sims
11. Thompson
12. Creagh
13. Young

14. Poore
15. Henderson
16. Wheatley
17. Withers

Collateral

Coach
Dean had another great game last night with about 34 tackles, and a great line break. I also think he was involved in one or two of the tries last night.

Keep him at Lock, he is killing the opposition there!

budz

Juniors
I really think you guys need to get rid some of these 'stars' that barely manage to play half a season. I think some clubs under rate the effect of injuries on a club. Time to get some players that can stay on the field for more than half a season.

Saint 60

Juniors
budz...if u could solve the puzzle of letting us know who is going to get injured and who is not ----- you could probibly rent yourself anywhere and make a zillion ---

its getting like the great Aussie Sickie lol -- but they have great medical attention so pullin a fast one would not be on --

it bothers me a bit that some players play their gizzards out every week and dont get injured at other clubs where others seem to do little (Saints) and get hurt -- but thats just the way it is i guess.... #-o

On the other hand...how and who could u get rid of....this board is chockers with these threads.... :?

Its Futeball lol
--------------------------------------------------

The Team with a BIG RED V ---
Signed Phil Gould.

Anonymous

Juniors
budz said:
I really think you guys need to get rid some of these 'stars' that barely manage to play half a season. I think some clubs under rate the effect of injuries on a club. Time to get some players that can stay on the field for more than half a season.
I like it... brilliant plan.
To add to that, I suggest if teams want want to win matches, the players should score more tries.

Latest posts