What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Mr Anderson

ozbash

Referee
I would like to offer my services in your quest for an aussie beating kiwi squad.
I think you must realise Mr Anderson that some of your Warriors are just not "cutting the mustard" (so to speak) and I fear you may have to leave them out of next months test.

May I remind you sir, that just because we beat them last year at Nrth Harbour does not give them liscence to slack off and make us wait another 3 years before we beat them again.

My Squad would be ;
1,Henry Faafili
2,Matt Utai
3,David Vaealeki
4,Clinton Toopi
5,Nigal Vagana
6,Benji Marshall
7,Stacey Jones
8,Iafeta Paleasina
9,Tevita Latu
10,Nathan Cayless
11,Ali Lauitiiti
12,Awen Guttenbiel
13,Logan Swann

14,Jerome Ropati
15,Sione Faumuina
16,Joe Galuvao
17,Tony Puleatua

Tough call for some, I agree Mr Anderson,, Wai Koopu,Sonny Bill Williams,Steven Kearney and Vinnie Anderson must go close.

playdaball

Bench
ozbash said:
I would like to offer my services in your quest for an aussie beating kiwi squad.
I think you must realise Mr Anderson that some of your Warriors are just not "cutting the mustard" (so to speak) and I fear you may have to leave them out of next months test.

May I remind you sir, that just because we beat them last year at Nrth Harbour does not give them liscence to slack off and make us wait another 3 years before we beat them again.

My Squad would be ;
1,Henry Faafili- are you joking

2,Matt Utai - will DA consider him - bad attitute
3,David Vaealeki
4,Clinton Toopi - form ATM
5,Nigal Vagana how fit is he. He should be fullback as per LY.
6,Benji Marshall
7,Stacey Jones
8,Iafeta Paleasina- are you joking - J. Cayless if available

9,Tevita Latu
10,Nathan Cayless
11,Ali Lauitiiti swap with 16
12,Awen Guttenbie - lswap with 17 or 13

13,Logan Swann - In UK now

14,Jerome Ropati- are you joking

15,Sione Faumuina
16,Joe Galuvao - are you joking
17,Tony Puleatua - are you joking

Tough call for some, I agree Mr Anderson,, Wai Koopu,Sonny Bill Williams,Steven Kearney and Vinnie Anderson must go close.

ThrashViking

Juniors
No ESL players will be available for selection for NZ for the Anzac test.
You talk about 'Players not cutting the mustard' yet you put Toopi on your list,hilarious.I'd prefer to see Jason Cayless in the side also-Feka only plays for about 10 minutes at a time.

ozbash

Referee
No ESL players will be available for selection for NZ for the Anzac test
they should be
'Players not cutting the mustard'
its a term i picked up from wobsta :lol:
Feka only plays for about 10 minutes at a time
he is capabkle of a lot more, smart interchange would get a lot more out of feka.

ThrashViking

Juniors
They should be selected,But they wont.
There clubs wont release them.
Im sure Daniel Anderson will select Swann,Swain,Paul,J.Vagana & Vainakola for the tri-series though.

ozbash

Referee
swainy, i forgot about him.
another world class hooker we let slip through our fingers.. :(

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
My Squad would be ;
1,Henry Faafili
- are you joking
Yes agreed, surely bthere is a better option
playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
2,Matt Utai
- will DA consider him - bad attitute
If he wants win he will.
playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
3,David Vaealeki
4,Clinton Toopi
- form ATM
Vagana centre or 5/8 wasted on the wing.
playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
5,Nigal Vagana
how fit is he. He should be fullback as per LY.
playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
6,Benji Marshall
7,Stacey Jones
8,Iafeta Paleasina
- are you joking - J. Cayless if available

playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
9,Tevita Latu
10,Nathan Cayless
11,Ali Lauitiiti
swap with 16
playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
12,Awen Guttenbie -
lswap with 17 or 13

playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
13,Logan Swann
- In UK now

playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
14,Jerome Ropati-
are you joking

playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
15,Sione Faumuina
16,Joe Galuvao
- are you joking
playdaball said:
Ozbash said:
17,Tony Puleatua -
are you joking

AliN

Live Update Team
Put this up on the Warriors forum, and I'll stick to it. I have Vagana on the wing as he goes looking for work against the Aussies, so I don't think he's wasted there at all.
I'd have to have Stace kicking, unless Sione is on the field..but like Ando I could change my mind just before kick off :)

David Vaealiki/ Henry Faáfili
Matt Utai
Paul Whatuira
Vinnie Anderson
Nigel Vagana
Benji Marshall
Stacey Jones
Nathan Cayless (c)
Tevita Latu
Paul Rauhihi
Tony Puletua
Rubin Wiki
Awen Guttenbiel

Wairangi Koopu
Sione Faumuina
Joe Galuvao
Lance Hohaia

The way Meli's going, I'm not picking him on reputation, or Ali, or Toopi.
If Motu makes a quick recovery, I'd have him at fullback rather than Vaealiki or Henry.

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Dear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ozbash,,,,,,,,,,,,

No,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

Iafeta

Referee
I know people are saying "Don't pick on reputation".

The fact is, you earn your reputation by repeated consistent form which puts you at the front of the field.

This would be my team

1 Vaeleki
2 Utai
3 Vagana
4 Toopi
5 Meli
6 Faumuina
7 Jones
8 Nathan Cayless
9 Latu
10 Wiki (c)
11 Gulavao
12 Puletua
13 Kearney

Bench

Lauitiiti
Rauhihi
Guttenbeil
Koopu

This is on the proviso that Jason Cayless is also out.

I can't see what Benji Marshall has done to warrant selection.

Even Sonny Bill Williams is a little too raw.

Whatuira can't make the Panthers starting side at the moment so he wouldn't get in for mine. One player I'd never give the honour of playing for the Kiwis again is Motu Tony given his scant regard for his previous mentor and the fact that whilst playing for teams he has a tendency for hoping the other team wins - great team spirit that.

ozbash

Referee
tHe_MaC said:

no what ?

not a lot of young up and comers in there iafeta, i think ropati deserves a shot at the big time as does benji,neither have done a lot but the potential is apparent.
if we aint picking on reputation,, potential; has to be the next best thing ?.

for mine, galuvao and puletua are better suited to the bench where they can be rotated with faumuina.
to me the bench is virtually the same as run on, just gives the coach an extra choice as to when he injects his "impact" players into the game.

vagana was a great winger with the dogs, didnt he top the try scoring tally for a couple of years on the wing ?

Iafeta

Referee
Okay, lets pick on potential - potentially Toopi is the worlds best centre, so is Meli the worlds best winger. They've proved it intermittedly in the past, Ropati and Marshall haven't proved that they are world class or the world's best. Yes, they've some vague glimpses of talent, but they can't match the potential of players that have already reached the summit and are still young and able to go further.

Vagana scored all those tries from centre. Why tinker with something that works so obviously? Utai and Meli are 'potentially' the world's strongest wingers, Vagana is an experienced and consistent game turning centre.

JJ

Immortal
ozbash said:

My Squad would be ;
1,Henry Faafili
2,Matt Utai
3,David Vaealeki
4,Clinton Toopi
5,Nigal Vagana
6,Benji Marshall
7,Stacey Jones
8,Iafeta Paleasina
9,Tevita Latu
10,Nathan Cayless
11,Ali Lauitiiti
12,Awen Guttenbiel
13,Logan Swann

14,Jerome Ropati
15,Sione Faumuina
16,Joe Galuvao
17,Tony Puleatua

Quite possibly the worst Kiwi team I've ever seen - :lol: :lol: :lol:

1,Henry Faafili - you're joking!!!! Problem is we don't have a half decent fullback. Vaealeki probably the best option.
2,Matt Utai - some sense
3,David Vaealeki shifted to fullback, and Nigel Vagana playing at centre - sheeeessshhh
4,Clinton Toopi - he's ordinary, but less ordinary than the options. But if his form keeps up - he's goooooone - Whatuira or ANderson
5,Nigal Vagana - arguably the best centre in the game on the wing -- you're joking - I'll have Meli
6,Benji Marshall - dunno yet, I'll like in a fantasy world and pic Robbie Paul
7,Stacey Jones - yup
8,Iafeta Paleasina - the amazing 7 minute man?? you're kidding - Rauhihi, or Jason Cayless
9,Tevita Latu uggggh, bring back Swain
10,Nathan Cayless - yup
11,Ali Lauitiiti - reserve - Tony Puleatua easily our best 2nd rower
12,Awen Guttenbiel - reserve at best- Joe Galavao
13,Logan Swann - :lol: :lol: Ruben WIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14,Jerome Ropati pfft - he'll be good one day - Benji Marshall
15,Sione Faumuina - yup
16,Joe Galuvao - STARTS Ali
17,Tony Puleatua STARTS - need another prop - J Cayless or Rauhihi

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
JJ said:
ozbash said:
I agree Ropati hasn't earned his stripes yet but you just lost all credebility by suggesting Marshall as the alternative. What's he done that Ropati hasn't? (And don't bother citing the Sevens, that has bugger-all relevance to real football)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
ozbash said:

My Squad would be ;
1,Henry Faafili
2,Matt Utai
3,David Vaealeki
4,Clinton Toopi
5,Nigal Vagana
6,Benji Marshall
7,Stacey Jones
8,Iafeta Paleasina
9,Tevita Latu
10,Nathan Cayless
11,Ali Lauitiiti
12,Awen Guttenbiel
13,Logan Swann

14,Jerome Ropati
15,Sione Faumuina
16,Joe Galuvao
17,Tony Puleatua

How the hell can you name a Kiwi side without Ruben Wiki? The guy would walk into ANY test squad in the world, and make a lot of people's world 17.

JJ

Immortal
SpaceMonkey said:
JJ said:
ozbash said:
I agree Ropati hasn't earned his stripes yet but you just lost all credebility by suggesting Marshall as the alternative. What's he done that Ropati hasn't? (And don't bother citing the Sevens, that has bugger-all relevance to real football)

All credibility??? Nice to know I had some. I think it illustrates our continuing lack of depth. COuld have Leuleuai (who was superb in the test) or Motu Tony - I'd like someone who can cover halves/hooker. Like I say, we just don't have the depth.

ozbash

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
ozbash said:

My Squad would be ;
1,Henry Faafili
2,Matt Utai
3,David Vaealeki
4,Clinton Toopi
5,Nigal Vagana
6,Benji Marshall
7,Stacey Jones
8,Iafeta Paleasina
9,Tevita Latu
10,Nathan Cayless
11,Ali Lauitiiti
12,Awen Guttenbiel
13,Logan Swann

14,Jerome Ropati
15,Sione Faumuina
16,Joe Galuvao
17,Tony Puleatua

How the hell can you name a Kiwi side without Ruben Wiki? The guy would walk into ANY test squad in the world, and make a lot of people's world 17.

i forgot :cry: :cry: ok ?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
JJ said:
All credibility??? Nice to know I had some. I think it illustrates our continuing lack of depth. COuld have Leuleuai (who was superb in the test) or Motu Tony - I'd like someone who can cover halves/hooker. Like I say, we just don't have the depth.
Just not Willie Talau ok? What a disaster that was....

tHe_MaC

Juniors
ozbash said:
tHe_MaC said:

no what ?

not a lot of young up and comers in there iafeta, i think ropati deserves a shot at the big time as does benji,neither have done a lot but the potential is apparent.
if we aint picking on reputation,, potential; has to be the next best thing ?.

for mine, galuvao and puletua are better suited to the bench where they can be rotated with faumuina.
to me the bench is virtually the same as run on, just gives the coach an extra choice as to when he injects his "impact" players into the game.

vagana was a great winger with the dogs, didnt he top the try scoring tally for a couple of years on the wing ?

I have absolutely no argument, just pulling a pun on the way you type.

Latest posts