What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demetriou sacked

murraymob

Coach
Wa
Don’t skin the messenger, he’s not one for details!

I’ve got a few @blue bags stories from back in the day to share.

His favourite pick up line “ Hey there, why don’t you buy me a drink?”

Has never failed.

Climbing the light towers at Leichardt oval, making giant shadow puppets at half time.

He’s done it all.
Was that how he picked you up silverdale

In fact he said it was rusty vs the board room he said the cracks will start to appear soon apparently rusty blew the board room up big time and so he should. we are coming last Doyen go rusty go you good thing we would not be here unless for rusty and Holmes a court's take over bid thus Holmes a court had resigned once jamie packer/cannon Brooke's came on board respectively..

This is why I made a thread on here when I joined here i saw the writing on the wall long ago so my thread was - (souths need a clean out) and thus its now finally happening.we can only go up from here rusty cleared out 2 duds as in sillyass ilias + dudmetriou..

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Not sure Bennett would want Sam---Demetriou was Wayne's offsider[& very good friend] for a good number of years;including at Sths---Wayne recommended him strongly for Sths head coach & groomed him for the posse---I can't see him being too happy at all about today's developments & the fact that Sam walked out on his anointed one last season in dubious circumstances. I also think Rusty had a problem with Sam too at the time when he walked . TBH,I'm not a fan of Sam BURGESS !!
Are you thick or what?
Sam didn't "walk out", he was pushed out.
By Demetriou, and others in the offices.
But keep up with the warping of facts to fit your narrative.

There is no other club than souths or its fans bar none my storm mate in melb whom is an essendon fan 1st storm 2nd said why is there always relentless media on souths all the time I said to my mate go do your research from 1908 and you will find the answer.well guess what he got back to me and apologised and said wow your club is like a religion I said I'm not religious and either is he but he gets the point now.

Inkers75

Juniors
Whilst Demetriou’s sacking is no surprise it’s not going to solve the problem universally at the club, the player’s themselves are also to blame. Either the they haven’t been trying for the manager or simply have CBA syndrome. In which case a clear-out is required.

Some of the games have been truly awful, I’ve seen a higher standard of play at my local non-league club on a Saturday afternoon than what I’ve seen at a so called professional club.

Like other people have mentioned before, there needs to be a change throughout the whole club. As a long distance Pom fan, I appreciate I may not be seeing the full picture, but maybe it’s time for a factory reset of the Club.

Whilst Demetriou’s sacking is no surprise it’s not going to solve the problem universally at the club, the player’s themselves are also to blame. Either the they haven’t been trying for the manager or simply have CBA syndrome. In which case a clear-out is required.

Some of the games have been truly awful, I’ve seen a higher standard of play at my local non-league club on a Saturday afternoon than what I’ve seen at a so called professional club.

Like other people have mentioned before, there needs to be a change throughout the whole club. As a long distance Pom fan, I appreciate I may not be seeing the full picture, but maybe it’s time for a factory reset of the Club.
I agree.

Thanks for your contribution here from the old dart.

We are blessed to share the game internationally with the UK.

A special bond.

Well spoken sir.

There is no other club than souths or its fans bar none my storm mate in melb whom is an essendon fan 1st storm 2nd said why is there always relentless media on souths all the time I said to my mate go do your research from 1908 and you will find the answer.well guess what he got back to me and apologised and said wow your club is like a religion I said I'm not religious and either is he but he gets the point now.
It’s a “significant club” in the league landscape.

Its lores are not well known to new blood. Older South’s fans know it.

Along with glory, the darkest depths were visited, even death.

Souths fans know what it’s like to visit the other side.

The betrayal of all other clubs in its hour of need, except a passing of responsibility by one, is not easily forgotten.

I’ve never heard a South’s fan condemn Newtown or Norths.

A dark moment releasing Mario Fenech. A self inflicted wound that can never be healed.

And your 2014 premiership stands as one of the greatest comebacks in the sporting history of the world.

This is a part of the folklore of South’s.

Along with countless other memories.

Last edited: