What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denver Broncos News

Tom155

Coach
Some impressive numbers from the career of Terrell Davis:

7,607: The amount of rushing yards Terrell Davis had in his seven-year career. The number makes him the Broncos all-time leading rusher.

Only three retired running backs in NFL history have 60 or more rushing touchdowns, 4.5 yards per carry average and 90 or more rushing yards per game average. All three are in the Hall of Fame: Barry Sanders, Jim Brown and now Davis.

1998: Davis led the Broncos to their second straight Super Bowl title with one of the best seasons by a running back in NFL history. He had 2,008 rushing yards, 23 total touchdowns en route to earning the league MVP award.

4: Davis’ first four seasons may have been the best stretch of any running back in NFL history. He had 6,413 rushing yards, 56 rushing touchdowns, two championships, a Super Bowl MVP and a NFL MVP award.

142.5: T.D. earned his nickname because of his initials and ability to find the end zone, but he also made a big mark in the playoffs.

Davis had a NFL-best 142.5 yards per game rushing average to go with 12 rushing touchdowns in eight postseason contests. He also had a NFL record seven consecutive games rushing for more than 100 yards.

5: There’s no secret the Broncos have been underrepresented in the Hall of Fame. Despite three Super Bowls and plenty of record-breaking performances, Davis became just the fifth Bronco to be elected to the Hall of Fame.

“Steve Atwater, Karl Mecklenburg, John Lynch,” Davis said, mentioning some of players waiting for their turn. “I’m hoping this sort of opens up the gate.”

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/04/broncos-react-terrell-davis-hall-of-fame/

Tom155

Coach
Interestingly of the top 10, three NFC East teams, Dallas, Washington and New York are a part of the list. i wonder where the Eagles fall.
Top 4 is all AFC West

4x AFC West
3x AFC East
3x NFC East in the top 10

shiznit

Coach
Nahhh... we're storming the wild, west west next season... :p

I'm all seriousness... I think just looking at the pass rushers in this division says everything...

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing what an all AFC West team would look like...

Rivers behind the Raiders O-Line and a defence with Mack, Miller, Bosa, Houston etc... and Denvers secondary...

Daaaaamn...

Tom155

Coach

The Broncos' four compensatory picks are as follows:

ROUND 3: Pick 37 (No. 101 overall)
ROUND 5: Pick 34 (No. 177 overall)
ROUND 7: Pick 34 (No. 252 overall)
ROUND 7: Pick 35 (No. 253 overall)

The two seventh-round selections are the last two picks of the draft.

Tom155

Coach
With the four compensatory picks, one pick added via trade and two picks (fifth- and sixth-rounders) traded in the last two years, the Broncos now have 10 picks in this year's draft:

ROUND 1: Pick 20 (No. 20 overall)
ROUND 2: Pick 19 (No. 51 overall)
ROUND 3: Pick 18 (No. 82 overall)
ROUND 3: Pick 37 (No. 101 overall, compensatory)
ROUND 4: Pick 20 (No. 127 overall)
ROUND 5: Pick 34 (No. 177 overall, compensatory)
ROUND 6: Pick 19 (No. 203 overall, acquired from Tennessee)
ROUND 7: Pick 20 (No. 238 overall)
ROUND 7: Pick 34 (No. 252 overall, compensatory)
ROUND 7: Pick 35 (No. 253 overall, compensatory)

legend

Coach
Enough to trade up with if we are after a particular player, ie one of the OL's in the draft. Pull the trigger John. You know you want to.

shiznit

Coach

Amazing how much situations can change in a year or two.

You go back 12-18 months and i bet if I told you that both the two Eastern Illinois Alumn QB's were going to leave their teams... one for probably a top 15 draft pick and the other would be cut.. I doubt many would have picked it this way.

legend

Coach
We've been very quiet in FA so far. Thought we may have made a run at Martellus Bennett as he owuld be an upgrade over who we currently have on the roster. Wouldn't mind De Andre Levy on the D.

legend

Coach
We aren't doing much at the moment and seem to be languishing around middle of the pack status, which, as a Broncos fan,is disappointing. There's been a lot of talk about us drafting McCaffrey in the first round due to his family and connection to Elway/Stanford. Not sure if that would be a wise pick. I think a pick on the O line or LB would be a sensible way to go.

Latest posts