What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deny this

The Popper

Bench
For those who `pop' in from time to time denying any Shire involvement in the great St.George teams of the past - Sutherland Club alone provided just under one quarter of the players from the undefeated St.George team of 1959 - Norm Provan, Peter Provan and Brian Messiter.

Before we get too deep into Chook Raper's eligibility just remember the great Greg Pierce was a Marrickville lad who played for Newtown juniors.

he played for the Sydenham team. I was told his grandmother lived in the Shire, Gymea maybe? so his grading into the Sharks may be a little merky.

sharknows

Bench
There was a lot of talent in newtown juniors in the early 70's but I don't remember a Sydenham side... St Peters were a strong club around that time.

Pull your nahnahnah back in Ronnie.
If some of the REAL stories about Chook ever came to light you Saints supporters would be in shock.
One of my best mates dad played in those Dragons teams of the 60's and let me tell you, Chook would have left any scandal of today for dead. Dont even try and think what he used to get up to, you wont guess it.

There was a lot of talent in newtown juniors in the early 70's but I don't remember a Sydenham side... St Peters were a strong club around that time.

could have been St.Peters, Knows, or maybe Petersham. I will ask me mate who knows the story better than i and get back to ya.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Pull your nahnahnah back in Ronnie.
If some of the REAL stories about Chook ever came to light you Saints supporters would be in shock.
One of my best mates dad played in those Dragons teams of the 60's and let me tell you, Chook would have left any scandal of today for dead. Dont even try and think what he used to get up to, you wont guess it.

Not to mention real stories about Changa.

Quigs

Immortal
I always take the combo Sir Quigs.
Always.

I know I spoke to your neurosurgeon about this the other day and he just shook his head and said in a quavering tone...

"There's something going on in there - and we don't know what it is ... do we Mr Quigs"

Last edited: